The Movie Saga: The Lost General
by d_Galloway




AN: I checked up on my "Rules of Creating Stuff", and learned that if something is popular, every effort must be made to squeeze every last drop you can possibly get out of it. And since the sagas seem to be moderately popular...it's time for a movie.

Okay, first off, this won't be an actual movie. That would take...you know...work. So, it would probably be like Get Wise: The Movie...only as a fanfic, not as a FARTS-style thing. That, too, would require the evil known as "work". So basically, it's a super-duper long chapter.

Here's the specifics:
*It's set between the Naar and Origins sagas, and after the King of Fanfiction (which is also set in the same timeframe).
*If you appeared in the beginning on the Origins saga, you'll be in it. Otherwise, you won't.
*Mox won't be there. You can breathe now, Weiila.
*Sorry, any Digimon-haters out there, but this time, THEY'LL show up. Briefly, I promise, but they WILL be there.
*The new villain was originally going to be in Naar saga as a general, but was cut out. Hence the subtitle.
*Pizza is good. Go buy one now.
*The new plot revolves around the said general killing everyone, like always. There's more, but I don't want to give too much away.
*Hulk SMASH!
*I must stop typing before I suffer temporary brain damage oh no too late57q3weu9ghu9-yw4h90q3huwe0=w3qw338hd=8h3.



RPGC was quiet and peaceful, especially since Galloway and several others were currently MIA. Now they could go back to their usual craziness and insanity. This was the true joy of living.

Then something happened on the very edge of the land. The grass and plants began to die almost immediately. Then the people saw a brown spot begin to spread into the very heart of RPGC. Screams of pain erupted quickly, but soon, everything was quiet. The land was now dead.

***

"Weiila," said Galloway, "hand me the garlic."

Weiila quickly tossed a bulb of the foul-smelling stuff at Galloway. He quickly chopped it apart, then sprinkled it into the beaker. It exploded immediately, blackening Galloway's face with ash.

"You know," said Weiila, "maybe this just isn't your thing. You should probably just get a professional."

"No," said Galloway, "that would require something called 'money'. If you want to foot the bill, then go ahead." Weiila, however, had already left the room by that point. Galloway grunted angrily, then followed her back into the main room of the bunker.

***

In the ruins of RPGC, a single person still stood; the others were dying on the ground. He wore a rotting brown robe, with a rotting green scarf completely covering his head, save for his yellow eyes. His nearly flesh-less hands held a large black mace. He scanned the battlefield, which was now black and brown, with no sun, no sky, nothing but death.

"They were not here," he said. He slammed the mace into the ground, creating a massive rivine. "My master's plan must be complete. I must gain the ultimate power for myself! The Kai Lord must die!" With that, he dissapeared.

***

Galloway stepped outside and breathed in the air. A few days of non-stop potion making could make anyone sick. He sighed, then checked his watch. They should be here any second now.

Just then, T.K. and Kari arrived on the boat. They were their normal, cheerful selves, except for the slight lack of patience they were experiencing.

"Sorry, kids," said Galloway, "but I nearly got blown up again. We're not even close to a cure yet."

"What?" asked T.K. "You said you'd be done by now! In fact, you vanished without a trace for days, then come back minus Matt and Tai! What's going on?"

"Yeah!" said Kari. "I'm sorry, but we can't wait anymore! Mom's gone nuts over this!"

"Give me a little more time," said Galloway. "At least three more days."

"Well..." Kari began. However, Galloway's eyes had darted behind her. Something was not right.

Suddenly, a tentacle shot out, striking Kari in the back. She fell to the ground, trembling with pain. Another shot out and hit T.K. while he was trying to help her. Galloway quickly sliced through them and pulled what was left out of the kids. The tentacles rotted and fell apart in his hands.

He turned, and saw another tentacle coming straight at him. He sliced through it easily then grabbed onto the remaining part of it and pulled. A voice screamed in pain.

A rotting, monstrous thing jumped onto the street across the way. A few nearby plants immediately rotted into pieces. The tentacle withdrew to the man and entered an opening in his hand, which quickly sealed. Galloway quickly flew over to him.

***

Chris opened the door to find out what the noise was about, and found T.K. and Kari lying there. He then saw Galloway and the monster. After taking the kids inside, he took everyone else to the boat except Weiila and F. Galloway, who stayed behind to keep tabs on the kids.

***

Galloway looked at the freakish thing in front of him. It took out a large black mace and held it in front of him. "I am called Darkmare," said the man. "I served the god Naar, who you mercilessly destroyed. Now, you shall suffer the same fate." Galloway powered up to SSJ and watched his opponent carefully.

Just then, Val and Chris docked the boat and joined the battlefield. Darkmare regarded this turn of events with surprise; he had obviously expected Galloway to be alone. However, he quickly got over it and slammed down the mace. The three barely had enough time to dodge the attack. When the dust cleared, a massive crater was all that was left of that area.

"Damnit!" said Val. "This guy's like a God!"

"A God?" said Darkmare, amused at Val's comment. "I guess I could be considered one, follower of Odin." He then shot out two tentacle. They connected with Val and Chris's chests before Galloway could warn them, or they could dodge.

The tentacles went back into Darkmare's hand. He then turned back to Galloway. "Face it," he said, "you are no match for me. Unlike your world, this one will be slow to infect, but mark my words, it shall be destroyed. And now, I leave you to suffer." He then dissapeared.

Galloway grabbed Val and Chris and carried them back to the boat. Strangely, their bodies felt somewhat...cold...

***

Darkmare made his way to another section of the city. From the usual villain outpost on a rooftop, he watched the people below come and go along the streets.

"Look at them," he said. "Mortals never fail to amaze me. Their lives are one pathetic, mechanical task after another. I suppose I should end their misery." A tentacle shot out of his hand, and imbedded itself in the middle of a street.

People began to scream and run around at the site of this, but the worst had not yet begun. A black aura soon began to glow around the tentacle, as the nearby plants died. Soon people began to collapse in the streets, coughing, wheezing, gasping for air.

After a few minutes, he withdrew his tentacle. His work was done for now. All he had to do now was watch the mortals scream and dance around like idiots.

***

"HE WHAT?" shouted F. Galloway. "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT ANOTHER ONE OF NAAR'S LACKIES KICKED YOUR ASS?"

Galloway, however, was too busy watching TV to pay attention to his female self at the moment. He had to rest up before going after Darkmare again. That, and he needed to eat.

"This is really wierd," said Weiila, after finishing her examination of the four injured bodies. "It isn't the actual battle wound that's causing the problem; there's some kind of virus in there. And whatever it is, my magic doesn't work on it."

"What I want to know," said Galloway, "is what kind of thing Darkmare was. He had a divine aura, but it was weak. He seemed to be more of a demon that an actual god."

Just then, the TV flashed an "Important News Bullitan." It said:

"A bizarre situation occured in the middle of downtown today. Paramedics say that people were quite literally dying in the streets; from what is unknown at this time. Making this even stranger is the fact that every single plant in the area, even the weeds, was found wilted and mouldy. The area has been sealed off until whatever caused this disaster can be located."

"Oh shit," said Galloway. "You don't think..."

"That guy must have caused it," said Weiila. "There's no doubt about it."

The TV then said, "We now return you to 'Super Seizure Robot Hour'." A robot appeared, accompanied by a never-ending series of flashing light. Soon Galloway, F. Galloway, and Val were squirming around on the floor, in the middle of seizures.

***

After squirming around for a while, Galloway got back up and entered the bridge. He entered the quadrants for the Heaven World, then set right off to see Kai.

The Bunker landed in the Heaven Interdimensional Spaceport. After paying the meter, he left for the Kai Monastery. Strangely, everything around him seemed to be very...quiet. The fact that the doors and windows seemed to be locked and barricaded further added to his suspicions that something was wrong. Even the Pizza Parlor, the most care-free place in the universe, was locked and deadbolted.

Finally, he reached the monastery...only to see it guarded by the Valkyries. Galloway snuck in through a small side entrance and found that all the doors inside were locked, as well. However, the entrance to the Lore-Hall of Solaris was still open, although two Valkyries were guarding it. Galloway, however, distracted them with a nickel, then slipped inside.

Lone Wolf was inside, pacing around madly. When he saw Galloway, his eyes lit up. "It's nice to see you, Galloway," he said. "Things are in a state of panic around here, as you can see."

"Okay," said Galloway, "what the hell's going on?"

"Long ago," began Lone Wolf, "after his defeat, Naar was sealed within the Plane of Darkness. However, he had one chief minion left, who took advantage of the weakened Gods in a bid to rule the heavens. He was Xuzargha, a God of Pestilence.

"He laid waste to many of Heaven's armies, and was soon in a position to gain complete control. However, Kai faced him directly, and destroyed him. He then sealed his essence in the Void, so that he would never be reborn. Soon, the heavens began to return to normal.

"However, Xuzargha had created a nameless monster to help spread his wrath just before he was sealed. This monstrosity made his way across the many worlds, laying waste to entire civilizations within seconds. His whole body is composed of one disease, which reduces its victims to little more than living corpses.

"He was eventually defeated by the combined armies of Kai, Odin and Zeus, but there was no way to fully destroy him. Therefore, he was sealed within the Void. Tragically, that was the fatal mistake; recently, he has merged with his father's essence, and thus gained enough power to escape from the Void. He destroyed many worlds in the blink of an eye, including yours."

"Let me guess," said Galloway. "That guy was the one that attacked me a few hours ago."

"Yes," said Lone Wolf. "The monster had no mind, no conciousness. He was simply breed to destroy. That body is now being controlled by Xuzargha. They have even created a name for their new being: Darkmare. However, Xuzargha hasn't forgotten how he was defeated by Kai, and seeks revenge against both him and his last few followers...including you."

"Okay," said Galloway, "that answers some questions. But where are the other gods, and why is everything closed up?"

"The Gods have left for now," said Lone Wolf. "We have since found a way to help treat Darkmare's disease. It cannot cure its victims completely, though; it can only bring them back to a sort of conciousness. In other words, they are living zombies, only minus the 'eating brains' part. They went to make sure it is distributed along the worlds, leaving only myself and the Valkyries."

"Say," said Galloway, "do you have any of that stuff lying around? I have a few infected people on the bunker."

***

After infecting half the city, Darkmare continued to the next part of town. He had so little time, and so many people to infect. However, he still had to deal with Galloway...before he could find a way to stop him.

***

Galloway and Lone Wolf reached the bunker, which was now ticketed for about $6000 dollars. Grumbling, Galloway tore the ticket off, only to be ticketed again for another $3000. Finally, the two just boarded the damn bunker.

***

Darkmare checked the location of the bunker, only to find it missing. He sensed the temporal distortions in the air, and quickly realized that they had left for the heaven world. Cursing, he teleported after them.

***

Lone Wolf pulled out a strange green herb. After carefully grinding it into a fine powder, he melted it into boiled water and fed it to the four people through IV Tubes. All they had to do now was wait...

***

Darkmare landed in the middle of a group of Valkyries. He quickly infected them, then continued on his hunt for Galloway. He had to destroy him. He had to win.

***

"How long is this gonna take?" asked Galloway. "We have a freakish monster on our tails, and we're just sitting here?"

"Shut up, Galloway," said Weiila. "We can wait. He can't get to the Heaven World, right?" A tentacle that passed by her quickly wiped out that idea. Darkmare stalked towards them, his black mace raised.

"Hold it!" shouted Galloway. "You want me, you got me! Let's just get away from here, all right?"

Darkmare laughed under his rotting face. "Very well," he said. "We shall find a quieter place. Follow me." With that, he teleported away. Galloway sensed where he was and teleported there, as well, but not before Lone Wolf sneaked something into his belt.

***

They were now in a deserted wasteland. Darkmare looked at Galloway. "Is this place more to your liking?" he asked.

"Yes," said Galloway. "Now, let's get it on!" He then began to power down.

"What the hell are you doing?" asked Darkmare. "You're actually weakening yourself! Do you want to die THAT much?"

"No," said Galloway. "I just want to show you something interesting." Darkmare began to laugh...until he sensed an immediate rise in Galloway's power.

Galloway's aura was now divine. His armor had changed to Kagonite. A Silver Bow was slung over his shoulder, with several arrows in a quiver on his belt. He was, once again, a Kai Lord.

"H-how?" stuttered Darkmare. "How'd you gain this equipment?"

Galloway smiled. "When I power down enough, I enter my Kai Lord form. I permanantly binded this equipment to my body, so that it appears whenever I change forms. And my aura becomes that of the God, Kai." He then felt something poking him from behind. He pulled out the Skarn-Skae from his belt.

"And this," he said, "must be another little gift from Lone Wolf. Now, shall we begin?"

Darkmare regained his composure (or as much as he had to begin with) and raised his mace. "Die, Kai Lord!"

***

Galloway ducked under Darkmare's first swing, then stabbed forward. Darkmare dodged, then shot a tentacle at Galloway, who quickly sliced it apart. Darkmare then leaped into the air and let loose an entire barrage of tentacles, blanketing the area around Galloway with dust.

When it cleared, Galloway wasn't there. Darkmare looked around frantically, until an arrow shot through his shoulder. He turned, and saw Galloway hastily put away his Silver Bow and draw the Skarn-Skae yet again.

Darkmare flew back and fired a massive blast of dark energy, which Galloway batted away easily. He then fired a Kai Ray, which Darkmare dodged. Darkmare then charged forward, his mace raised to crush Galloway's skull in. Galloway quickly used an Invisible Fist, which knocked Darkmare back and away. He then followed it with a Lightning Hand, but Darkmare rolled away just in time.

"You're good," said Darkmare, "but it takes more than a few tricks to get rid of me!" Suddenly, several tentacles bursted out of the ground and wrapped themselves around Galloway's legs. He tried frantically to cut them off, but it was no use; there were too many of them.

"Now," continued Darkmare, as he slowly prepared a tentacle, "let me see how a Kai Lord would react to this!" Galloway squirmed frantically, until something fell out of his belt. It was one of the leaves from the herb Lone Wolf had used.

When it touched one of the tentacles, it withered and died. Galloway quickly grabbed it and used it to kill the other tentacles off. Darkmare watched in horror as Galloway walked towards him.

He withdrew his tentacle. "Luck is with you, today, Kai Lord. But next time, I swear I shall destroy you!" He then teleported away before Galloway could react.

Instead, he looked at the leaf. Could the herb hold the secret to defeating Darkmare?

***

Galloway returned to his normal form, then began to fly back to the bunker. He made sure the leaf was tucked into his pocket, as to give it back to Lone Wolf. Maybe he could figure something out.

Besides, he had to kill Darkmare in some kind of humiliating fashion. Why not use a leaf to do it?

He landed in front of the bunker. Inside, he found that the four infected people were still out cold, while Lone Wolf, F. Galloway, and Weiila were playing Go Fish. "Excuse me," said Galloway, interrupting their game, "but I have to talk to Lone Wolf."

Lone Wolf followed Galloway outside, where he showed him the leaf. "This affected Darkmare's tentacles. Why?"

Lone Wolf examined the leaf carefully, then gasped. "Of course! Remember what I told you? About how the monster Xuzargha made was composed of nothing more than a disease? Well, the leaf's properties must have shorted out the composition in the tentacles. We may have found a way to defeat Darkmare!"

***

Darkmare cursed his luck, but still, he had other things to do. Snickering, he went back to the Kai Monastery.

***

Galloway and Lone Wolf climbed back into the bunker, where Weiil and F. Galloway were waiting for them. "It worked!" said F. Galloway. "They're blinking!"

The four ran back to the bedroom, tripping over each other all the way. Val and Chris, their skin now very pale, were sitting on one side of the bed, while T.K. and Kari were on the other. All four had their heads bowed.

"What happened?" asked Val, her voice somewhat lifeless.

"Long story," said Galloway. "We may have a way to beat Darkmare...the guy who did this to you, remember...but we need time. And I can't keep fighting him until we're done, so we need help. Do you know any?"

Everyone was silent...until T.K. and Kari slowly raised their hands.

Lone Wolf walked back to the door. "I'm returning to the Kai Monastery," he said. "I must ensure that the Heaven World is safe." He then dashed out of the bunker and dissapeared completely.

Galloway set the controls, and the bunker took off.

***

Lone Wolf returned to the Monastery, only to find Darkmare waiting for him in the courtyard. "He is not with you," said the monster. "I thought the Kai Lords always stayed together."

"What do you want?" shouted Lone Wolf, raising his hand to unleash a Kai Ray. Darkmare, however, stood still. "I wish only to destroy the one Kai blessed, the one that destroyed Naar, my source of freedom. Stay out of this, or I shall destroy this entire pathetic world." Lone Wolf sneered, but said nothing to anger Darkmare. This was no idle threat.

"I leave you now," he said. "I know where they are going, and what they intend. And I will beat them to it." He then teleported away.

***

"Okay," said Galloway. "Exactly WHO can help us?"

"You mean, you didn't ask before?" asked Weiila. "Then where the hell are we?"

"Right now, we're floating in the gap between dimensions," said Galloway. "There is nothing here; no time, no life, no existance. But enough of the cool-sounding stuff. Just WHERE are we supposed to go?"

"Our world," said T.K. "Take us back there. We know someone that can help." Galloway had a pretty good idea what they were after, but continued the flight anyway.

***

"Okay," said Darkmare, as he surveyed the city, "where are those blasted creatures?"

He continued his search, infecting people along the way, but found nothing. Then he saw the bunker land in the water. Realizing that THEY would know where they were, he hid in the shadows and watched.

***

"Okay," said Galloway. "Female me, Weiila, and Chris will go with Kari. Val and I will go with T.K." The two then split up.

***

F. Galloway, Chris, Weiila and Kari finally reached Kari's apartment. Kari struggled with the door knob for a bit, but due to her zombie-like state, she couldn't open the door. Finally, F. Galloway knocked once, causing the entire door to collapse. She shrugged, then led the way inside.

"Mom, dad," said Kari, her voice the very definition of deadpan, "I'm home." However, there was no answer. She was about to call out for Tai, but she remembered that Galloway had left him somewhere, so she just went into her room.

"Gatomon!" she shouted. F. Galloway suddenly remembered the cat-thing from Naar's castle...and fainted.

***

"Mom!" shouted T.K. after Galloway had accidently broken the door down. "I'm home!" Like Kari's apartment, there was no answer; only an eerie silence. He was about to call out to Matt, but then remembered that Galloway had left him somewhere, and they didn't live together anyway.

Finally, he just went to his room and called out, "Patomon!" Galloway remembered the gerbil-like thing from Naar's castle...and fainted.

***

"Hmm," said Darkmare, having surveyed both groups, "they're faster than I thought. And Galloway's feminine alter-ego is just as stupid as he is. Interesting..." He then crouched in the shadows.

***

"Okay," said Galloway, after getting back up, "we have your little friend. Now what?"

"We find that guy," said T.K. "With his help, I'm sure we can do this." Patomon nodded his head in agreement.

"Fine, fine," said Galloway. "Just remember, it's not my fault if he get slaughtered or infected or whatever Darkmare decides to do with him. Now let's meet up with the others." He walked out the door.

"Uh, T.K.?" asked Patomon. "Why are you so cold all of a sudden?" T.K. didn't answer; he just walked off.

***

"Okay," said F. Galloway, after getting back up, "we have your little friend. Now what?"

"We find that guy," said Kari. "With her help, I'm sure we can do this." Gatomon nodded her head in agreement.

"Fine, fine," said F. Galloway. "Just remember, it's not my fault if she gets slaughtered or infected or whatever that guy decides to do with her. Now let's meet up with the others." She walked out the door.

"Uh, Kari?" asked Gatomon. "Why are you so cold all of a sudden?" Kari didn't answer; she just walked off.

***

"Okay," said Galloway, after everyone else had arrived, "we have a monster to kill. He's probably hiding somewhere in the city, so we have to split up and search for him..."

Just then, Darkmare stepped out of the bushes. Galloway looked at him in disbelief. "...or maybe we don't have to look anywhere at all."

"It is time we finished this!" said Darkmare. "Your friends cannot help you now; they're too...shall we say, 'sick'?"

"Whatever," said Galloway. "Let's get this over with."

Darkmare looked at Galloway, then moved his attention to Patomon and Gatomon. "What's this?" he said. "What kind of creatures are those? I've never seen anything like them before."

"Oh, really?" asked Galloway, hatching a plan at last.

***

Lone Wolf finally finished mixing the leaf into a foul-smelling liquid. He took a tiny amount and used it on a piece of Darkmare's tentacles. It disintegrated instantly. At last, he had found a way to destroy Darkmare!

***

"What are you planning?" asked Darkmare. "I can tell you have a plan."

"Just give us a second to whisper amongst ourselves," said Galloway. "It's in the villain's codebook to give the heroes a chance to come up with a plan to destroy the bastard."

Darkmare crossed his arms angrily. "Very well. You may spend your last few minutes carrousing with your friends."

Galloway turned to T.K. and Kari. The three began whispering amongst each other, so quietly that not even the other good guys (save for Patamon and Gatomon) could hear them. Finally, they turned back to Darkmare.

"I won't be fighting you right now," said Galloway. "I have somebody else lined up."

"Oh?" asked Darkmare. "And who would that be?"

Patamon and Gatomon jumped forward and dissapeared in two giant beams of light. When they dissapeared, they were transformed into two angels with wierd-looking, robotic helmets, one male, one female.

Galloway smiled. "They will."

***

"Let's see here," mumbled Lone Wolf, as he poured some of the vaccine into a vial. When it was finally full, he mumbled, "I curse the being that allowed blenders to be invented. They don't work worth a damn. I just hope Lenneth doesn't see what I've done to her room." He then teleported away.

***

"Hm," said Darkmare, having recovered from his initial shock. "The two creatures grew five feet and grew wings. I'm really SOOO scared."

"You just don't get it, do you?" said the male angel.

"Good will always triumph over evil!" said the female angel.

"Oh, spare me your idealogical crap!" said Darkmare. "You cannot defeat me! I am a god!"

"Whatever," said Galloway. "Tell you what. If you're so confident, why not take all THREE of us at once?"

Darkmare thought about it for a second, then laughed. "I accept your challenge! But first..." He then shot out several tentacles, hitting Weiila and F. Galloway. They quickly collapsed, pale and cold. "Now that they are out of the way," he said, "let's begin!"|

***

Lone Wolf landed right on top of the apartment building. He then jumped down, only to get tangled up in a bunch of trees.

***

Galloway turned into his Kai Lord form, while the two angels flew upward. "Angemon, Angewoman," said Galloway, "just delay him for a while. I have an idea."

"Fine," said Angemon.

"We'll do our best," said Angewomon.

"What the hell are you talking about?" shouted Darkmare. "What are you going to do, talk or fight?"

His answer came with an energy blast from Angemon and an energy arrow from Angewomon. The blast ripped a hole through his chest, while the arrow went straight through his head. He fell down briefly, only to get back up after thirty seconds. "I understand now," he said. "You have a lot of power. Too bad it will never be a match for me!" He shot out a bunch of tentacles, which wrapped themsleves around the angel's arms and legs. Galloway, however, flew around Darkmare and sliced the tentacles apart.

Just then, Lone Wolf fell out of the tree. He picked himself off the ground and dusted his tunic off. "Sorry I'm late," he said. "I think I have a way to beat him." Darkmare, who was still busy with the angels, didn't hear a single word Lone Wolf was saying.

"You do?" asked Galloway. "To be quite honest, I was kinda winging it here."

"I've created a highly concentrated version of the vaccine," said Lone Wolf, as he handed Galloway the vial. "Use it on Darkmare."

Galloway didn't know how this would work, but didn't argue. Darkmare shot out massive blasts of dark energy, hitting both angels head-on. They fell back to the ground, reverting to Patomon and Gatomon as they fell. He then turned to Galloway, who hid the vial in his cloak.

"And now," said Darkmare, "you shall die." Galloway ran forward, only to get grabbed by a tentacle when he was a foot away from Darkmare. The tentacle wrapped itself around his neck and pulled him straight off the ground.

"I don't need to infect you," he said, raising his mace. "I'll be content to just crush your skull in!"

"And...I...will...be...happy," gasped Galloway, "...to...watching...you...slowly...die!" He then pulled out the vial and slammed it straight into Darkmare's face, shattering it.

The tentacle quickly withered and melted into nothing. Galloway gasped as he watched Darkmare scream and wither. His ragged clothes, his black mace, and his very rotten flesh began to melt away into a pile of goo. He let out a shrill, deafening scream, until he finally dissapeared into a big pile of slime, which evaporated into nothing.

Galloway let out a sigh of relief. Then he saw the giant ball of spectral energy hovering above him. "You have ruined everything! Now you shall die!" Galloway immediately sensed who it was: Xuzargha, the god that had created Darkmare and possessed its body. The ball of energy began to focus itself into a giant blast.

Galloway immediately reverted to his normal form, then powered up his Kaioken. This was a risky plan, but it had to work...

"You cannot stop me now!" shouted Xuzargha. "NOTHING CAN STOP ME!"

Galloway raised his hands and began to channel energy. All he needed was a little...

"YOU HAVE NO DEFENSE AGAINST ME!" shouted Xuzargha.

Galloway felt the energy from all over focus into his body.

"IN FIVE SECONDS, YOU WILL BE NOTHING MORE THAN A MEMORY!" shouted Xuzargha.

Galloway felt that he had enough energy now. He transferred all that he had gathered into a ball of energy.

"PREPARE TO DIE!" shouted Xuzargha, finally unleashing a huge beam of black energy.

Galloway raised his hands and shouted, "SPIRIT BOMB!" He threw the blast straight at the beam.

"YOU THINK SOMETHING LIKE THAT CAN STOP ME?!" shouted Xuzargha. "THINK AGAIN!"

The spirit bomb flew straight into the beam. It continued right on through, cleaving a path all the way to the other end. The beam was finally reduced to nothing. Finally, the Spirit Bomb hit its target: Xuzargha.

The spectral energy exploded in a massive display of thunder, lighning, fire, wind, and other cool special effects. Finally, everything quieted down, just as Galloway passed out.

***

"Gallo? Gallo! Are you all right, Gallo?"

Galloway woke up to find Weiila violently shaking the hell out of him. He was lying in his bed back at the bunker. Beads of sweat continued to pour down his body as what had just happened crept back up to him.

"We did it," he said. "We killed Darkmare."

"Yeah," said Weiila. "Lone Wolf was even able to cure everyone. Oh, and those monstrosities known as Digimon are all right, too. Everything's back to normal."

Galloway smiled. "Or at least, back to how normal things get around here."

***

"I can't believe it," said Lone Wolf, watching the whole thing from a basin in the Kai Monastery. "He not only killed Darkmare, but Xuzargha as well! He really is more than a mere mortal!"

"Of course," said Kai. "Remember, he too is a Kai Lord. I remember watching a certain youth do impossible things centuries ago." Lone Wolf smiled at the thought of that.

"Still, to destroy a god's essence in one blast is remarkable," said Lone Wolf. "We might have to keep our eye on this one."

"I hope it doesn't come to that," said Kai, "but some day, we may have to."

***

"Oh, and Galloway," said Weiila, just as she was leaving the room, "T.K. and Kari called. If their brothers aren't returned soon, there's going to be bloodshed."

Galloway eyes blew open, as a massive scream echoed throughout the city.

THE END