Caleb Nova
Raptor6411@aol.com




How many Fan Fictions have you had published on the internet?
Currently, I have nine works posted at Fanfiction.net. On Earth as it is in Hell is my main work, one that's been going off and on since '99. Chances are if I'm working on anything, it's OEAIIIH.

How do you get inspiration?
I have no idea. An idea usually hits me sometime in the wee hours of the morning late hours of the night. I'm a complete night owl, so that's usually when I bang out a bunch of pages in a fevered frenzy. The idea for OEAIIIH had been bouncing around in my head way before I played Final Fantasy VIII, where all the universes were connected, and I just applied it to a game I really wanted too.

Describe the type of fanfics (themes, characters, etc.) that you like to write.
I admit to having more humor fics than serious ones, just because cheap humor is really easy to type out, but I prefer to read and write drama fics, with a bit of action thrown in. I like fics with a darker theme, maybe with a large scope, but I'm still a sucker for a happy ending. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate dark endings though.

How often do you write?
I try to write everyday, but sometimes I just can't seem to make the words come out. Once I get going it works out okay, but I suffer chronic writers block until inspiration kicks me where the sun don't shine.

What is one of your pet peeves about writing fan fictions?
I hate it when I just can't seem to find the right words to express what I want to say. I know exactly what I want to happen and the feelings I want to convey, but when I read over what I just wrote it rings hollow. That just drives me crazy.

What are your pet peeves about reading Fan Fictions?
I mostly read on Fanfiction.net. This is fairly self-explanatory to anyone who's read stuff there, because terribly written stuff abounds, to which there is no real specific problem other than it just sucks. If I had to narrow it down, I would say bad formatting and the word 'smirk'. The word 'smirk' is used entirely too much, especially when someone is writing about Seifer. I'm trying to see how long I can make him do his trademark smirk without actually smirking as such.

Do you have any advice for soon-to-be writers?
I'm probably the last person to get advice from writing on. Ask Mintbaby or Ashbear. Ask XmagicalX or Marcus. I've alway been guilty of writing by the seat of my pants. It's all instinct, with little schooling behind it. I guess I can tell you to read a lot. That's what I do, and its seemed to have worked out so far.

Do you have any questions that you think should be asked that are not on this form (And answer them please)?
Not really. I'm a fairly uninteresting person.

What are some links to your stories so that people will be able to go read them? Com'on A little self promotion never hurt ^_^. Also, if you have a site, list it here (Indicate that it is your site though)
Caleb Nova's Profile: http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=14209

Co-owned Zelphie shrine 'Hyper': http://www.zelphie.net/hyper/

(Note to anyone going to Fanfiction.net- Don't read Happy Bob's Pimpin' Land of Fun. Trust me.)