DomaDragoon
DragoonJay@excite.com




How many Fan Fictions have you had published on the internet?
Currently, 13.

How do you get inspiration?
I look at all forms of media, from books to movies to classical music. Through them, I can summon my own personal muse.

Describe the type of fanfics (themes, characters, etc.) that you like to write.
Generally, I consider myself to be a humor writer. I'm considerably more comfortable with taking a situation and ridiculing it, than developing it in a heartfelt manner. I leave that to the more qualified writers. As such, I rely more on the reader's knowledge of the established characters. It leads more to the "He would NEVER do that!!!" comments that I strive for.

As far as themes, a central point that I try to ensure in my work is the tendancy of equality. Just as there is light, so too is there darkness. A king and his subjects all look up to the same sky and see the same stars. And the race doesn't always go to the swiftest, or the strongest.

How often do you write?
Generally, I average out about 1000 fic words per week, and depending on the specific subject, sometimes as much as 4000.

What is one of your pet peeves about writing fan fictions?
There are several ideas that roll around in my head, but can't translate well onto paper.

What are your pet peeves about reading Fan Fictions?
FOR THE LOVE OF SPOON, WILL YOU PEOPLE PLEASE SPELL-CHECK YOUR WORK?!? I can deal with errors in grammar (since I make them frequently), but to send a piece out with numerous easily correctable mistakes is just lazy.

Do you have any advice for soon-to-be writers?
Spell-check, and if possible, get people to read your work before you post. Don't just rush out your work: leave it to sit for a day, come back, and re-read it personally to make sure that everything is said in the way you want it to be. Don't go fishing for false praise. What are some links to your stories so that people will be able to go read them? Com'on A little self promotion never hurt ^_^. Also, if you have a site, list it here (Indicate that it is your site though)
Well, on the RPG front, there's a little parody starring Edward Van Muir that I've been putting on the back-burner for a while. That should be my next finished project. My RPG work is RPGC-exclusive, so this is the only place you'll find those pieces. I have several other works at Fanfiction.net (with author name DomaDragoon), and I ran the mailbag at Mulder and Scully's Bogus Journey (www.msbogus.gq.nu) under the name The_Amazin_Beardo until the X-Files series finale. I also comment on the RPG Playoffs matches at bobbincranbud.com, but that site isn't mine.