Joker Loire of the Turks
jokerloire@hotmail.com




How many Fan Fictions have you had published on the internet?
Three. With RPGClassics, the number should go up.

How do you get inspiration?
Music. Movies. Books. Everyday life. I have a certain creativity level I can't restrain, so I just HAVE TO feed that desire to create.

Describe the type of fanfics (themes, characters, etc.) that you like to write.
I would like to startle the reader, and since Final Fantasy VIII is the only final fantasy I've played, I try to make out speculations. A fearsome plot, lots of action and fear, danger on the heroe's backs, romance and understanding, little issues, or just Squall Leonhart having a sister.

How often do you write?
Whenever I have time and a Microsoft Word in front of me.

What is one of your pet peeves about writing fan fictions?
Suiting the names.

Why? Because every game or book has a certain name structure, it's Wulfgar or Drizzt Do'Urden for Forgotten Realms, so Silvara De'Serden is easily guessable. But the thing is, Final Fantasy VIII struck me with a completely unknown name structure like "Irvine or Kiros" . Every good game or book should have a name structure so that when I say "Trislam DeKar", you must scream "Forgotten Realms!":)

What are your pet peeves about reading Fan Fictions?
If the plot is really general, that's okay but if it's highly dispersed, then the author may not be able to gather it back together. And the story going in a routine is another thing: Same things for the eleventh time bores me: even if Riona has left Squall for Kiros.

Do you have any advice for soon-to-be writers?
Understand the characters. If you're going to change them, change them slowly. But until the point they change, keep them the way they are. And, the plot must be interesting and readable. Try to create surprises (like Edea being Matron or Larathia suggesting Ultimecia and Griever may be the future Riona and Squall). If you have speculations: find support beams for them first.