Pierson
strobalob@hotmail.com




How many Fan Fictions have you had published on the internet?
So far, five. ‘Diamond Dust’, the sequel to it, an FFX fic centring on Rikku, a one-shot fic resulting from a late-night challenge from Refugee, and a collection of FFVIII short stories that I now find incredibly confusing when I look at them.

How do you get inspiration?
Look at the games, look at the characters, and finally look at what has already been written. What hasn’t been done before, and what is possible in the character’s personalities? Also one big ‘eureka!’ moment in ‘Diamond Dust’s conception.

Describe the type of fanfics (themes, characters, etc.) that you like to write.
Anything original or slightly weird. Fics that challenge the personalities and the moral/ethical/psychological barriers and sensibilities of people in them.

How often do you write?
Depends entirely on how much coursework I have or how much time I have to burn. Anything from only one chapter one week to writing one every day.

What are your pet peeves about reading Fan Fictions?
People who assume that the main plot of a fic must become blazingly obvious within the first chapter, and instantly reveal the entire story’s aim and direction in one short paragraph.

Do you have any advice for soon-to-be writers?
Read what has already been written. Read the columns on FF.net and on this site. Don’t be afraid to get out there and ask for help, there are some who will give you fantastic support and encouragement if only you ask them. I correspond with several people who are quite happy to rip my story to shreds if they feel the need.

Do you have any questions that you think should be asked that are not on this form (And answer them please)?

What are some links to your stories so that people will be able to go read them?
The completed ‘Diamond Dust’, which is also available in large chunky form in this very site.
http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1115082

‘Echoes of the Past’, the sequel to the above, based in the FFX universe and assuming that the different game worlds are the pasts/futures of each other.
http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1272234

‘Darkness Falls’, a fic that centres around the premise that Rikku did not survive the destruction of her submarine-thingy. Some Romance with extra existential-doubting goodness.
http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1231436