Rhi-an
Email Address




How many Fan Fictions have you had published on the internet?
Just one, I’m really only getting into these writing. But I have been reading for a year or two. I thank my sister for letting me know about fanfiction.

How do you get inspiration?
Reading other authors’ fanfiction. Watching television or just listening to music. I’m always thinking about the fanfiction I write and music often influences what mood I’m in when I write.

Describe the type of fanfics (themes, characters, etc.) that you like to write.
I like to read romance (not sap though- I hate OCCness although I bet I write OCC too!) But action and adventure has to be included, with an actual plot! I also like dark fics too. I like when I feel emotion when reading fics and well written ones evoke my pity. I can’t really explain it!

How often do you write?
Mostly when I feel like it. I force myself to write sometimes, I need some self discipline and making myself type is how I achieve that. But it isn’t always easy when I have to fight over the computer at home.

What is one of your pet peeves about writing fan fictions?
When I have to edit my own work, reading it and so on. I hate how I forget to add in enough full stops and write the scene as well as I think I should. One of the things I hate includes vague scenes but being a writer makes me understand how hard it is to actually avoid that.

What are your pet peeves about reading Fan Fictions?
Bad writers. If you’re familiar with fanfics at fanfiction net you’ll see there is a lot of junk. I hate that you have to sieve through the rubbish to find the good. Self insertion is rarely well written but even of cases where they are I don’t like it. I find so many in the sections I read and I just don’t like them personally. So I don’t include them in my fanfics.

Do you have any advice for soon-to-be writers?
Check over your work when you’ve written a piece, even if you hate it, it has to be done. You can never rely on another person’s opinion unless you’re happy with it yourself. I badly edited my own writing to start with and I’m learning the hard way. Use a programme that corrects spelling. I’ve never really had a terrible problem with spelling and grammar because of all the books I’ve read in my life but typos aren’t always spotted. Even in editing- another note- even editing can be done badly. You should try to avoid that. And if you think you could do better than author’s work you’ve read try it and you’ll see it isn’t always so easy. Always be ready to learn.

Do you have any questions that you think should be asked that are not on this form (And answer them please)?
Joke :) (Do you ever follow your own advice?) (Answer: Mostly!)