Vinescula
fatespuppet_17@hotmail.com




How many Fan Fictions have you had published on the internet?
Geh, you mean I really have to know? Hmm... More than two, less than ten... I think...

How do you get inspiration?
Hmm... Many places... My dreams, connections I make, theories I have, and whatever life throws me.

Describe the type of fanfics (themes, characters, etc.) that you like to write.
I mainly like to write things based around series' made by Squaresoft. I like writing moody, depressing fics, that center around Lucca, Magus, and Schala (Chrono Trigger).

How often do you write?
Whenever I get my beloved inspiration (see above). Usually when that happens, I punch out a few pages. I like ending my horribly short chapters at a point when you're desperate to know what happens next.

What is one of your pet peeves about writing fan fictions?
The ever-cursed, loathed, and invincible writers' block. It can take forever to get past it, driving one to insanity and beyond.

What are your pet peeves about reading Fan Fictions?
Disrespect for the characters' personas. If you're going to write a fic about Final Fantasy VII, from Sephiroth's point of view, make it sound like HE would say it himself. Maybe even throw in something he's said before, and make it a snazzy catchphrase. Don't forget to throw in some obsessive insanity! Also, I LOATHE incorrect spelling... I may do it myself some, but if it's a word that I can spell, it bothers be beyond comprehension. -_-

Do you have any advice for soon-to-be writers?
When you start a fanfiction, make sure you have every intention to finish it. It's best to take notes, and plot out the storyline beforehand, before you just dive into it. And do yourself a favor, and type it, making a backup!

Don't forget spelling, grammar, and the like.

Stay true to the characters, unless it's a humor/parody. Don't have Magus prancing about the daisies, or give Ayla the intelligence of a college professor. KNOW your characters!

A good idea is to begin with something interesting. Catch your audience by the throat from the first sentence. Also, it is ALWAYS a good idea to end a chapter/book/interlude/part with the pinnacle of drama and/or chaos. It leaves them begging for more.

Do you have any questions that you think should be asked that are not on this form (And answer them please)?
Nope, I'm good.

What are some links to your stories so that people will be able to go read them?
Hmmm... I keep many things at http://www.fanfiction.net under the penname Osiris. I have some things at http://www.lithiumproductions.com/forums that are mainly role-playing character biographies. Hmmm... I know that there is more, but you're going to have to live without them.