Site Navigation

RPGClassics Main
Contact Maintainers:
Starstorm
Tenchimaru Draconis
Weiila

Fanfic Navigation
Fanfiction Index
Updates Archive
Fanfiction Message Board!
Fanfiction Requirements

-Series/Game Specific-
Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
•Final Fantasy IIj
Final Fantasy IIIj
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy Tactics
Lufia
RPGCommunity
Seiken Densetsu
Shining Force
Other

-Crossovers-
Miscellaneous
Final Fantasy
Square

-Fanfic Type-
Comedies
Serious (Reality Based)
Incomplete

Author index

Interview form for authors

Reader reviews
Fanfic quotes

The Death of Isis and Ending of New Life, Ten of Cups
by Richard B. Sampson Jr.




The Death of Isis and Ending of New Life, Ten of Cups
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I awoke lying in a bed in the Celestrial Temple. I didn't know how long I had been there, since when I passed out, I was leaving that cave on the world Apollo had ruled over. I slowly sat up, being careful not to trigger any sort of overload on my brain. I had done that when I tried to get out of the cave. I didn't want anyone to think I had caused the chaos that had followed back on that world. I wonder if Isis suspected if I was the root of the problem since I was in the Celestrial Temple. I was started when I heard a voice in the next room say, "She's alright, but I am worried about her. I don't know what she was doing there."

It had been Isis, but the other voice was that of my mothers, "Isis, Mask gave her something. Something my husband had found, but left to him before he died."

I remembered what Mask had said had happened to my father. I heard Isis say, "I heard about Rich's death, but we have a few other matters to resolve, like finding Vet. Now that Sephiroth and his followers are dead, we have to find her. I hope she is not dead. She must be somewhere where we don't know about. Since the four fiends reappeard, I suspect that one of the worlds can rejoin the Celestrial World. I've reconnected the world and plan to check it out."

I heard my mother say, "Will Lena be safe all alone?" I wondered that as well.

I then heard that same voice that forced me to do everything the other day say, [Maybe you would be better off with Isis.] That same voice that made me do those horrible things was back.

I leaned over and said, "No. Shut up. I don't want to do that."

I then heard Isis say, "I don't think it would be good for her to be alone. I'll take her with me, and hopefully, we will find someone who can help her there." I heard a laughter in my head as I heard Isis say that. That voice made me make Isis want to take me along. What was it doing to me. I then heard Isis end her conversation. She walked into the room and said, "Lena, are you alright?"

I shook my head. I didn't know what I should say and what I shouldn't say. I then looked at Isis and said, "I don't think I should go with you. I don't think it would be wise."

Isis took my hand and said, "Lena, I don't want you to get hurt, and I'm worried about you. Some of the guardians thought you were a Crystoid. I don't think they were convinced that you are not a Crystoid. I think you would be safer and maybe better off if you came with me."

I was about to argue when I felt my head nod. I saw Isis smiling, but I heard the voice say, [Yes, Lena, it would be best.] I was scared. What did this voice want? Isis took my hand and led me out of the temple.

I looked at Isis and said, "Where are we going?"

She smiled and said, "You remember our encounters with all the fiends. They were trapped in one of the severed worlds. That world had returned to normal, and we are going there."

I looked at Isis and said, "Do you think someone might be able to remove these robotic parts from me?"

I noticed at that point we had reached a new pillar on the Celestrial World as Isis said, "I hope so. I was also wondering what you were doing in what was Apollo's world."

I didn't want to tell her that I was responsable for what had happened. I just said, "I saw the island in the ocean, so I transported something Mask gave me there. Then I saw the Weapon and went to hide in that cave. I think I passed out as I tried to get into the cave."

As we passed into the world, I noticed the odd calm of the world, and the tip of a tower in the distance. Isis then said, "Most likely. You do have to be careful. Now this is the World of the Tower. The first world we will visit of this world is the World or Ruin. Su-Zaku terrified that world, and they might have the abilities to remove your robotics."

As we enetered the tower and started down, I said, "Isis, why did the Crystoids do this to me?"

I heard Isis sigh and say, "It is their way of recruiting. There is no turning back from being a full Crystoid. Some people even tried to spy on the full process. I've seen images of part of the process."

I shuddered as I asked, "What does it consist of?" I deep down didn't want to know, but I somehow wanted to know what I had been spared from.

We exited the tower at the World of Ruin, and headed for a town as Isis said, "It all depends. After the robotics are added, there is a phase called absorbtion. This varies from the purpose of the new Crystoid. It is a lowly drone, it is brain washed, but the images I've seen is for special cases. A new leader would be placed into a large vat as special drones called producers fill the vat with a special chemical."

I shuddered more and said, "How do they do that?"

Isis said, "From what little footage the Guardians got, they figure that the producers are genetically altered to produce it. They bleed it, spit it, and other things I'd rather not mention."

When we entered the town, I said, "I hope we can remove these robotics. I don't want to encounter that, ever."

Almost as if answering my request, a man walked over and said, "Regrets about the robotics, ma'am. I might be able to help."

Isis looked at the gentleman and said, "Please sir. These robotics were not voluntary." He nodded and lead me to a back room. Isis followed and he had be lay down on a table.

When he removed the covering I wore, he looked at me for a moment, and then said, "This might be out of my league." He motioned Isis over and said, "Look at this." I felt him push on one of the metal plates on my chest. I heard faint wirring sound, and felt something open. He did that three more times as he said, "I don't know who did this, but this was built with a purpose. It might be intergrate too deep."

Isis was looking at the spots and said, "What goes in there?" I felt her poke the interior of one of the areas.

"Isissssssssssssss" was all I could say. It was as if that touch was 10000x more intense that what it was. I was almost paralized as she pulled her finger away.

The man shook his head and said, "No way I'm going to try, unless you can find something to put in these panels. If what belongs in there is there, then maybe we have a chance. You might want to let the young lady rest abit. She's in no shape to move right now."

I saw Isis nod and they left the room. I didn't know what to do. I had to let that sensation pass. As I waited, the voice said, [Very sensitive there, aren't you? Don't worry, that will be taken care of soon.] I was really scared now. What was that voice going to make me do, and why?


When I awoke, I quickly got dressed. I ran out almost to run into Isis. She stopped me and said, "Glad to see that your up, Lena. We have to get going. The people who saved this world are waiting to see us, and they are at the base of the tower."

I looked at Isis and said, "How many other worlds are there on this tower?"

As we walked back to the tower, she said, "About 3 other major ones, but we won't stay long at those." We entered the tower and then started down it again. As we continued, Isis said, "The first one we'll pass is the World of Sky. There is no land, and everything grows on the clouds. The next one is the World of Ocean. In the ocean is another world where people can breathe underwater."

As we passed floor by floor, I said to Isis, "How were the fiends held here?" I was starting to wonder how those four powerful entities had been bound into this world.

Isis just said, "From what the people who saved this world told me, each field was bound to a Sphere representing each element. Those people now have each Sphere locked away in their castle. They have offered to give us the power to bind the fiends to their worlds so the cannot escape their realms again."

I started wondering more about the Spheres. I couldn't take my mind of them. Something told me they meant something. It wasn't long until we were at the base of the tower. I looked at Isis and said, "Where to now?"

Isis pointed to a castle in the mountains. "There. We need to make our way through mountain tunnels to get there." Isis was right. We made the short trek to the first mountain tunnel, and travelled through tunnel and tunnel. It was like they wanted to be sure that no one could get to them. I started to scratch at my arm. I felt like something was iritating it. Isis looked at me and said, "Is something wrong, Lena?"

I just shook my head and said, "Just an itch. I'll be fine."

When we emmerged at the caslte, I heard the voice again. [That is all it is, an itch. You're just growing up.] I was scared now. I noticed as Isis started to speak with the guard. I knew she was expected, and the guards then escorted us up to the throne room.

When we arrived, the Queen said, "Isis, it is good to finally meet you. In our legends, we read where you had to sever our world from all of them. I am happy that we finally were able to rejoin."

I heard Isis say, "And I am pleased to meet the person who removed the evil from this world. I must admit that your castle is huge, but why the odd shape of your throne room."

I heard the voice in my head again. [They are in here. You know where they are.] I looked at the corners. The spheres were in there. I couldn't help myself now. I started to walk over to one of the corners.

As I approached the corner, I heard the Queen say, "You're companion seems to suspect their purpose. The Spheres are in each corner. They are used as a defense system. If your friend were to be strong enough to open just one corner, it would trigger the defense system."

When I reached the corner, I heard Isis come up behind me and say, "Lena, don't touch that." I felt my arm swing back and knock her to the floor. I then noticed it as Isis noticed. "No. It can't be." I saw the crystal intertwined onto my arms. I wasn't free anymore. I was a Crystoid.

I heard the voice say again. [Good, now open the panel. The beams won't hurt you.] I did it, I couldn't stop myself. Soon, the room was flooded with light, as four beams shot out. I turned and watch Isis, and she wailed in pain. Soon the beams stopped, and Isis was nothing but a chared corpse. The voice laughed in delight and said, [Good, now place the Spheres were they belong. When you have the last Sphere, I will bring you home for the ceremony.] I turned and removed the item I had been wearing. I openned the panels on my body and placed each sphere in one. It felt so good to have their power in me. I had almost forgot of what I had done.

When I placed the last Sphere in me, I saw everything change. I was being transported to the World of the Crystoids. I looked to my left to see Sharm looking at me. He just said, "The Queen has been waiting for you." He led me to a room. In the room, in the floor, was a large pool like structure, with many Crystoids standing around it. They had hoses from various parts of their bodies. I knew what it was.

Then I saw her. She was standing in front of the pool. I walked over to her and kneeled. She just said, "Rise servent. You have almost completed your task. Look out there." I looked out at the sky and saw four forms shoot off into the sky and explode. "It will take time, but they will return to help you. Now it is time for you to fully join us."

I followed her into the pool and said, "Yes, my mistress." I saw the Queen of the Crystoids smile. When we reached dead center. I saw the producers begin their task, and the chemical started to surround us. It felt so good. I felt complete.

As it reached my knees, the Queen held me close and started to kiss me. I had to serve her. As I returned the kiss, I heard her voice in my head again, [I have waited for you for so long. You are the one we have all waited for.] I started forgeting my past at that moment, as the chemical went over our heads.

Fin...?

An Immortal’s Rest
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I had been exploring the Nasty Dungeon after I heard about a finding down there when I heard the terrible news. I made my way out of the dangerous place and headed for the Celestrial Temple that had been Isis’ home. I still couldn’t believe she was dead. I still didn’t know how she died, but I felt I would learn at the ceremony. Along the way to the exit of the dungeon, I saw numerous markings on the walls, and they led me to the conclusion I knew they would. Maybe at the funeral, I could tell everyone what I had found. It could bring joy to this sorrowful day. I had been more shocked when I finally exited the cave. The camp I had set up was almost deserted, and a few of the people I brought with me had fled. When I approached the camp, I looked at Tom and said, “What’s happening?”

Tom looked at me and said, “They are fleeing. The world is dying. I don’t know how long the world will last with Isis dead.”

I looked around at the sight around me. “Isis’ people had said that when the last Cetra died. It’s no different now.” I didn’t know how true that was. The trees were dying, and many animals were fleeing. Odd of all, all the monsters were even running for caves and area’s where they might be safe. As I made my way to the pillar, I said to Tom, “Do you think the Guardians are ready?’

Tom just said, “Many of the Guardian outposts are equipped to start an underground world. We just need to be able to cope with all the people.”

As I started up to the Celestrial World, I said, “You help get some of them started. We may need to dig deep, and hope we can connect the worlds somehow.” I wasn’t sure how much the loss would affect our world, but I felt it would have a huge impact. I realized how big an impact it would be when I saw the Celestrial World. The tiles had almost gone black. This was not a good sign at all.

When I finally reached the Celestrial Temple, I saw some of the guardians, including Joel, standing at the door. When he saw me, he said, “Mask, it’s good you got here. You know more about the old legends than any of us.”

I looked at Joel and said, “What happended? How did Isis die?”

Joel grabbed my shoulders and said, “In a moment, we need to know one thing. Not to long ago, four colored lights shot from points of the Celestrial world and exploded high in the sky. Is there a prophecy about that?”

I felt the life drain out of me. “According to an old legend, if the last Ancient is not killed by one of the four fiends, they will explode and reform. Joel, what you just said is not good at all.”

I then saw the Captain come over to me and say, “You don’t mean that we are looking at the Dawn of Darkness, do you Mask?”

I nodded, and said, “When Isis was helping me learn about the past of our world, and the time of the Cetra’s and their kin, she told me of many prophecies that were made. Some concerning the era of Darkness. According to tales, the Era of Darkness were preluded by the Dawn of Darkness, where frightful creatures would descend from the vast reaches of the sky and cause grief. If these creatures are not defeated before all the parts of Shoac are destroied, the Era of Darkness will never end until Sherp, the day when everything ends. Now, who killed Isis?”

I saw how much it bother Captain. He just said, “I lost my sons. I had lost my grandson, and now my granddaughter.”

That bothered me. I never told him I was his grandson, but now would be the best time, but Lena was gone. I looked at the Joel and the Captain and said, “What happened to her?”

I heard another Guardian say, “She was a damn Crystoid. She faked not being one, and then killed Isis.” I couldn’t believe that. Lena would never be like that. Besides, I could tell in her eyes not long before that she was not a Crystoid.

Joel then said, “It is possible that the Crystoids had made her one without her knowing it. It would explain alot, like her actions.”

I saw a battle was about to start and said, “Listen, argueing about it doesn’t change the fact that Isis is dead. Now if Lena was being influence or acting on her own is not ours to judge.”

Captain then said, “You’re right. Let’s view the funeral ceremony and then we must make plans. If this is the Dawn of Darkness, we need to hide as many people as we can, and far underground.”

I watched as everyone nodded and headed into the temple. I stopped the Captain and said, “Sir, I need to talk to you, and Rich’s family. It is about Vet, and other important issues.” I saw him nod and we entered the temple.


The ceremony had been long, and very sad. Deep down, I never thought I would see this day, but I knew it was coming. I had seen Rotat perdict it. I had not know how many lives that Isis had affected in her time, but the list was countless. I was even surprised when I heard how far back her family went. It made me realize that I needed to let my family know I was still alive. Even JaNa needed to know that I was alive. I had suggested that we meet in the back room of the Temple. When Captain, my mother and JaNa entered the room, I noticed that JaNa appeared to be a little more that she was when I had left those years ago, although it might have been only months to them. Finally Captain looked at me and said, “You needed to talk to us about Vet. What have you found?”

I noticed a look of hope cross JaNa’s eyes as she asked, “Have you found my mother?”

I wanted to tell her what I had found, but I felt that what I was about to say was more important. “I’ll get to that, but there is something more important. All that has happened resently has made me realize that I’ve lost touch with my family.”

My mother looked at me and said, “Do you want to go talk to Lynn?”

I shook my head and said, “No, not Lynn. I mean my family. My grandfather, my mother, and even my first love. My life has been a mess ever since what happened to me all those years ago.”

Captain looked at me and said, “Mask, what do you mean by that?”

I reached up for the odd mask I had worn for many years, and said, “This is what I mean.”

As I removed the mask, I heard my mother said, “It’s you.”

It was at that time when JaNa threw her arms around me and gave me a long kiss and said, “I knew you were alive. I’ve missed you so, but why didn’t you tell us earlier?”

I had found myself asking the same question to myself. I finally said, “I wasn’t really sure. Now, with all that is happening, I felt I had to tell.”

My mother then said, “Well, I’m glad your back, with your father dead, and your sister lost to the Crystoids, we need your help. Also, your child will need a father.” I then looked at JaNa. I finally realized why JaNa appeared different. She was with child.

I held her and said, “How soon?”

I heard Captain say, “I’m surprised she hasn’t given birth yet. I think she’s physically preventing it.”

I heard her say, “I want my mother to see her grandchild. Mom told me that I never knew my grandmother, but I want my child to know hers.” I then saw a look of pain cross her face.

My mother held JaNa and said, “We must do something. If JaNa doesn’t have this baby soon, she’ll kill herself and the child trying to prevent it.”

I didn’t want that. I turned to Captain and said, “Sir, grandfather, I know where Vet is. She was imprisoned in the Nasty Dungeon, in one of the unexplored levels. We must rescue her.”

I watched my grandfather nod and say, “Li, take JaNa to the guardian base and tell Radr to send someone to the Nasty Dungeon. I’ll get Joel and we will head down to find Vet. Maybe Vet can even help us prevent the era of Darkness from begining.” I left with the Captain and we started to make our way back to the Nasty Dungeon. We needed to succeed, or it might cost two lives.

To Be Continued...

Mysterious Findings A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I have lost track of the time I have been stuck in this horrid place. I can’t remember how long ago it was when those demented people put me in the dungeon. They had planned to revive some man named Sephiroth, but when St. Marius took over my body, it had almost ruined their plans. They had imprisoned me in some of the deepest levels of the Nasty Dungeon. Since they placed me down here, I have been beaten to within an inch of my life on numerous occasions, almost eaten on others, although some monsters did manage to get a bite in. There have been a few times that I wish one of these creatures would kill me, but everytime I feel that I’m finally going to get eternal peace, that familiar that they placed me with always prevented it. I looked over at the creature and saw the mischevious look it gave me. It was toying with me. I had heard legends that some familiars are External. That meant I would never die. I could have my body ripped to shred, but I would not die. I just said to the creature, “I hate you. I wish something would kill you.”

Just as I had said that, I heard something down one of the passages say, “Mmmm, I hear something.” I heard a sniffing sound, and the thing said, “Smells like a female.” I ran down one of the passages. I knew what the creature was looking for. Its words gave it away. Maybe I shouldn’t of spoke to the familiar.

When I came to the end of passage, I entered a strange room. I had never seen it before. I quietly said to myself, “What is this?” The room was covered with pictures. As I looked at the walls, I realized that the pictures told a story. I looked around and tried to find the beginning of the pictures.

Soon, I found the beginning of the pictures. The first one looked like a person standing in the center of four spheres. It also appeared that bolts were coming from each of the spheres. As I gaze at that picture, I heard an unearly voice say, “When an immortal is killed by the four eyes..”

I blinked and said quietly, “An immortal, does that mean Isis?”

I moved to the next picture to see the images of the four elements and animals next to them. Next to each animal there was what looked like an image of a cloud. The voice spoke again “The creatures of Fire, Wind, Earth and Water will be destroied.”

When I heard that, I remembered what my components had seen. The four fiends. They each were bound to an element. I looked at the image and said, “Who will destroy them?”

The next image showed the four clouds again, but this time they showed what looked like riders coming from each cloud. “In time, the Riders will come from the sky.” This voice was starting to scare me.

I then noticed that in each rider was a symbol. I had seen the symbols before, in a book. “Those are runes.” I also remembered the some runes were never mentioned because they were evil. I had seen the images, but I never knew what they were runes of.

The next picture showed the image of a woman, and the four runes, plus seven crystals. In front of which was a red figure. The voice then said, “When the evil is restored, and the runes and crystals in place, the destiny of this world is decided.” I stepped back at that time. It was the return of Shoac, but more. I thought about it and realized that this was a dark omen.

I stepped back and gasped. It seemed to mean a terrible thing was coming, and the only thing we could do to stop it was keep Isis alive. I then heard movement up the passage I came from. “Oh no. More monsters.” I turned and saw another passage, leading downward. My survival instinct lead me to run down the tunnel.

As I ran into the tunnel, I heard that voice again. “Yes, safety is down there.” That had me worried, especially as the tunnel took an unearthly look. I ran fast when I could hear something enter the chamber I had left. I didn’t know what it was, and I didn’t want to find out.

Soon, I entered the horrid looking chamber. It looked like it was alive. As I looked around the room, I saw numerous purple blobs, all lying on the floor. I proceeded into the room cautiously. I didn’t want to wake a one of them. I even carried the familiar, to make sure it didn’t wake a one of them. I then noticed that the familiar was scared. It didn’t like these creatures. I looked around the room, trying to see a path out, but the walls were so weird that I couldn’t even tell if there was a door to enter this room. I couldn’t even see the door I had entered. I felt myself start to shake as I said, “Where am I? What are those things?”

The voice returned and answered my question, but in a way I didn’t want an answer. “Children, food is here.” I looked around as the blobs started to bounce. They were all bouncing at me. I had to move quick to dodge all of them.

I didn’t know how long I could dodge them, but I needed to do something to escape. I looked at one coming straight at me. I raised my hand and said, “No you don’t, whatever you are.” A cast a force bolt spell at the one as it neared me, and I realized I made a mistake. It exploded and sent me screaming into a wall.

I looked for the familiar, and saw a blob pounce onto it. I then saw another blob pounce onto my legs. I thought I was a goner. The thing was going to eat me. Then I heard it. A voice yelling, “I think she ran down here.” It wasn’t a monster. I saw who it was as they entered. It was Max, or as he was known now, Mask. He had told me his secret so many years ago. I also saw Rich’s father, Captain, and wondered where my friend was. The blob leapt off me, and then wen to attack my friend. It was a short fight, as they were all ready for the attack. Soon, there was a huge explosion dead center.

When I opened my eyes, Mask was at my side and said, “Vet, we found you. We have to get you out of here.” I didn’t want to argue with him.

As they all worked to carry me, and my familiar out, I looked at Mask and said, “Where is Rich? I see the Captain, but where is Rich?”

He then said, “He’s with Isis.” I started to wonder if she was down here, but something in his tone said more. He looked at me and said, “They know, Vet, they know I’m Max.”

I looked at him as we passed through the room with the pictoglyphs and said, “Is Isis dead?” I saw him nod. I then said, “That mean’s Rich is dead too.” I had missed so much, and I feared I would never see him again.

I then heard Captain say, “At least you have something good to look forward to. JaNa is with child, and soon will give birth, but she wants you there.” I was surprised. I didn’t know that JaNa was with child.

I looked at them and said, “Who’s the father?”

I was surprise when Max said, “I am. It’s a long and complicated story. But we must get you to the Guardian base. The Dawn Of Darkness is starting, and we need to get everyone safe in underground shelters.”

I looked back and said, “What about this world, what will you do?” After seeing those things, and hearing that voice, I was scared more now than ever.

I then heard the Captain say, “Just from what we saw down there, we might have to sever off this world. It’s a pity, we could have housed many people here.”

I then remembered part of the pictoglyphs and said, “I need to tell you some things. They maybe helpful.”

Max just nodded and said, “You can tell me, after you rest at the Guardian base, and after JaNa has had her child.” I nodded. I decided that maybe I needed rest. I couldn’t get much in that horrid place, and now I was free of it.

Last Child
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I was overjoyed when Max had returned my mother to me. After what had happen all those months ago, I though I would never see her again. Something in me had faith that I would, by surpressing the birth of my child. Now, I was sitting in the bed, holding my newborn, and talking with my mother. I just said, "Mom, you don't know how much I missed you."

My mother, Vet, took my hand and said, "I do know, cause I missed you that much as well. It has been almost another lifetime for me." I knew how true those words were. For five years, she was not herself. Her body was taken over by St. Marius. After that, she had been wrongfully imprisoned by the followers of Sephiroth in the Nasty Dungeon. She then said to me, "JaNa, what are you going to name your child?"

I held my child close to me. I couldn't believe that I was a mother so soon in my life. I was almost afraid that my child wouldn't have a father, but then we found Max again, I was more overjoyed, but not as much as my mother's safe return. "I don't know yet, Mom. Did you know that Max is the father?"

My mother nodded. "Max had told me when he rescued me from that horrid place. When did it happen?"

I knew to what my mother had been refering to. I looked down at my child again, and softly said, "After we rescued your spirit component. At least that was our first time." I felt a bit ashamed, since I hadn't waited until I had gotten married.

I felt my mothers hand hold mine as she said, "I think you might have done the right thing. I have a bad feeling about the future."

I had a feeling that while my mother was in her horrible imprisonment, she had found something. I looked over at my mother and said, "Mom, what did happen to you, and what did you find out down there?"

My mother sighed a heavy sigh and said, "What happened to me started long before any of us were born, my child. I found out more when I was down in that deep level of the Nasty Dungeon. You see, long ago, Isis' people strived for something called the promised land of the Cetra, but there were other beings at odds with the Cetra, one even came to the world we now know. One of those beings was called Jenova, and she was grafted into a few people. Before long, the Ancients managed to defeat Jenova, and the strongest of her followers, a man named Sephiroth."

I was stunned when my mother said that name. I looked at her and said, "Mom, he appeared shortly after you disappeared. His followers had freed him from death somehow."

She nodded and said, "They were planning it, and when St. Marius took over my body, they blamed me for one of their original members death." Now I understood why my mother disappeared. Not for the cause of peace as MegN had claimed, but for chaos. They wanted my mom out of the way. She then said, "But what I found out was more devistating then anything anyone could now."

I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard a voice say, "I doubt it would be devistating now." I turned and smiled when I saw who it was. It was Max. He wasn't wearing the mask he wore right now, but I knew it was him. He sat down next to me and said, "A boy or girl?"

I looked at him and said, "A girl. I haven't decided on a name yet." I noticed a sad in Max's face. I then said, "What's wrong?"

I noticed that he didn't want to answer the question. He just looked over at my mother and said, "Vet, did you see anything else down there? Any other stories?"

She shook her head and said, "Only those strange pictographs that I saw before you rescued me. I didn't notice all of them, but I saw most of them. It was very scary." I didn't like the sound of that. It also had me more worried about Max's reaction.

I turned to him and said, "My love, what's wrong? What's going on?" I was scared now. Scared at the whole situation in general. Since Isis' death, we were forced underground. Very few people were left above ground. It was as if the world was about to end.

Max looked at me and said, "Right after your child was born, all the other mothers that were expecting couldn't give birth, and those that did gave birth to stillborns. I remember reading about this. According to a legend, when the Dawn of Darkness happens, there would be no more life entering the world. I don't remember all of the legend, but there is a way to return life to our world again."

I looked at my child and said, "You mean that my child may be the last child?" When he nodded, I felt like I was about to cry. Then another grim thought crossed my mind. "What about food? How will we get food, if new plants can't be born?"

Max took my hand and said, "The Guardians will take care of that. The main base has devices that can create any type of food. We just hope we can stop the evil before it takes hold."

It was at that time when I head Radr say, "I THINK WE HAVE A FEW THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT. I FOUND SOME THINGS OUT AND FOUND THAT THE EYE'S CRYSTAL PATTERN MATCHES TWO OTHER ITEMS." I remembered the Eye, the evil gem that corrupted my friend, Lena. Radr then said, "ONE ITEM WAS THE CRYSTAL OF THE CRYSTOIDS. I THINK THAT THEY MIGHT BE THE KEYS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING."

I looked up and said, "Radr, do you mean to say that Lena did this because the Crystoids forced her to join a cult."

Radr then said, "NO. THE CRYSTOIDS MAGIC ABILITIES STEM FROM THE EVIL CRYSTALS MERGED INTO THEM. NO ONE EVER KNEW THERE TRUE ORIGINS, BUT NOW WE SUSPECT THAT THE ANCIENTS IN THE BATTLE FROM MANY YEARS AGO ACCEPTED HELP FROM THE GREATS. THE RESULT WAS THE CRYSTOIDS. I ALSO BELIEVE THE SPHERES THAT WERE TAKEN AT ISIS' DEATH WERE THE SAME."

I then saw Joel at the door and he said, "But they know that there are seven out there. Plus they need four runes and the power of Shoac." I looked at my father's friend. He had a gift for seeing things. He then said, "I don't think they know where the stone is, but we just found out."

I gasped and said, "Where is it? We have to prevent the Crystoids from getting it." I knew that if they got it, they might be unbeatable.

Radr then said, "IT IS MAX'S MASK. IT IS THE SAME MAKE AS THE EYE AND THE CRYSTALS. NO DOUBT THAT IT IS THE LAST STONE THEY NEED. IF THEY GET IT AND THE RUNES, WE HAVE NO FUTURE."

I almost wanted to cry when I heard that. I then looked at my child and realized that unless things happened for the better, and soon, she would indeed be the last child.

The End...?

Riders from the Storm

Maintained by: