Site Navigation

RPGClassics Main
Contact Maintainers:
d_Galloway


StarStorm
Valkyrie Esker

Fanfic Navigation
Fanfiction Index
Updates Archive
Fanfiction Message Board!
Fanfiction Requirements

-Series/Game Specific-
Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
•Final Fantasy IIj
Final Fantasy IIIj
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy Tactics
Lufia
RPGCommunity
Seiken Densetsu
Shining Force
Other

-Crossovers-
Miscellaneous
Final Fantasy
Square

-Fanfic Type-
Comedies
Serious (Reality Based)
Incomplete

Author index

Interview form for authors

Reader reviews
Fanfic quotes

Final Fantasy VIII Fanfiction

Abby

Eyes on Julia (Weiila)Another songfic, a sweet one about Julia giving up on her lost, true love and accepting a new one. It's short, but it's a small pearl.

Aldred

No Mercy (Weiila)Post-FF8, Seifer is fleeing his inner and outter demons, which in the form of outter ones are hot on his trail and has taken away the last two people who cared about him. A brief story about loss and catharsis, with good characterizations.
There's a bit of foul language, but nothing that doesn't fit the mood.

The Angel of the Lion

Songs of Yesterday
2 3
(Weiila)Unfinished as of yet, but the author promises to fix it as soon as possible. So give it a try, it's a nice one!
In a world where memories are frail since GFs eat them for breakfast, keeping your head straight is rather important. But there are other dangers too, as the FF8 crew learns when Squall disappears and is found by Rinoa a few years later, his mind wiped blank of his earlier life. Picking up the pieces of the puzzle might prove very tricky.
To Love the Enemy
2
(Weiila)This is an AU (Alternate Universe) fic, based mainly on the idea that the old orphanage gang met each other again without the ravenhaired addition.
Cid recieves a job from General Caraway; he wants a resitant leader kidnapped - unharmed. For this job, the headmaster of Balamb Garden appoints the best he's got, but the leader of the Forest Owls prove to be a difficult prisoner. And it doesn't get simpler when she provides information about sinister plans woven in Galbadia.

Artist_Signal

Gunblade Origins: The Legend of Renzokuken (Weiila)The story of Squall and Seifer's gunblade training. Under master Shin, the two cadets are pressed to the limits against each other to learn the ancient art of their weapon of choice. There are a couple of truly beautiful gunblade duels in this one, definitely worth a look.

Ashbear
Castles in the Sky
2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15
(Weiila)Not your everyday FF8 story, this is a fantastic epic about the dire and drawn-out consequences of a simple misunderstanding. I also guarantee that you'll be about to fall off your chair when Squall is forced to socialize with an elderly woman with an interest...
You probably won't be able to stop reading once you start, so make sure you have time :)
Crimson Lies
2 3 4 5 6 7
Epilogue
(Weiila)A fantastic epic by Ashbear, despite its length not spanning over more than a week of action.
Ellone was killed in an attack against Garden, and following the events of that event Rinoa fled from her friends and disappeared. Now she is hunted down by the entire world, claimed to have gone mad and killed president Laguna's adopted daughter. And leading the hunt is Squall, until a certain blond induvidual shows up with some revolutionary new tidbits...
Relationships will start, die, be reborn and die again, all by just one word, one sentence said or unsaid at the wrong moment while the group of warriors fight against the world and the horrifying visions that plague them in their dreams. Undoubtely one of the best fics in the archive!
Dancing in Time
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 1516
(Weiila)Certain occasions force Squall to be the talking one of him and Rinoa, which is of course quite a strain for him. Of the mistakes of a headmaster, fear of spiders and lacking control of sorceress powers.
Very tender and sweet about the relationship of the two and their attempts to find a safe ground they can share, with bits of humor spread throughout the story. And people walking into the room at the worst times, all the time...
Each chapter is a story within itself with no real bonds to the last, even though they are connected by time.
Knight of Sunset (Weiila)Ashbear presents a very sweet lil' romance story. A cute fic about Quistis relaxing on the beach in a sunset, when a familiar fellow decides to disturb her lonely peace. A gentle plot without any villains or action - if you don't count Seifer throwing Quistis into the ocean - with humor and cuteness makes a truly lovely story.
Place in this World (Weiila)Okay, so I guess we all know that Rinoa isn't the most popular heroine out there, seeing her rather childish acting at times, and the romance with Squall seeming almost unnatural to the ones watching. However, in this fic both of them get to tell us their honest thoughts on the whole situation adn what lead up to their relationship. Interesting and nice character study.

Ashbear and Wayward Tempest
About the Authors
Halloweiner Story (Weiila)A comedy "horror" story by the Copious Couple, on par with their (you know you love it!) "Welcome to the Balamb Garden Network". Ultimecia is back and ready for revenge... but time itself is obviously against her. ^^;; Due to technical difficulties you only get this little teaser for now. Sowwy.
Somewhere in Between
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 2021
(Weiila)Heroes don't come too late, that's a wellknown fact and utter truth.
But what happens when they do fail?
Squall couldn't stop the sealing of Rinoa, and seven years have passed since the war against Ultimecia. The Lion has pushed himself in all ways possible to forget the Angel. Even getting himself a new love, spending sad days and nights full of nightmares in Trabia.
But then Quistis gets a call in the middle of the night; Rinoa is being unsealed.
A fantastic (if unfinished) story written by two skillful authors.
Welcome to the Balamb Garden Network (Weiila)Normally I draw a symbol against evil forces when seeing a "chatroom fic" since they're overall just to be branded free of plot. This one however is simply too hilarious to brush away. Insanity galore as the FF8 gang (including pets) have a less than normal conversation over a chat. Includes the strangest nicknames you'll (hopefully) see.
And lets not forget the fact that Squall towards the end shows tendencies well known in the RPGC chatroom.
Yes, it's a text file. After all, it's a chatlog.

Belinda De Rose Lynne

Chamber of Forever
2
(TD)In every life, there is everlasting misery weighing you down. Yet within each misery, there is joy. Want to know the whole thing? Read!

Caesar
About the Author

Melchiah's Saga (Weiila)The tale of a special unit Galbadian soldier who tries to keep a group of SeeDs away from the occupied Winhill, which works really well until the commander himself steps out, pissed as heck at mr. Galbadian.
After waking up from the coma, Melchia recieves new orders from general Caraway.
Really nice story, another good example of how original characters can be the leading characters in a fic without falling over on the dreaded Mary Sue-side.

Caleb Nova
About the Author

On Earth as it is in Hell Redux
123456
(Weiila)Fantastically well written and gripping Final Fantasy 8 drama, action and suspense merged with philosophical interpretions mixed with sparkles of humor. Don't expect very much of the latter though as this is a very dramatical tale that takes a look at the darker sides of human nature; fear, conspiracies and most importantly conquest of new areas.
Squall and co. are in Deling in peacetalks with the goverment, meeting a strange man named Scott. His existance in the FF8 world isn't natural, but at least he isn't trying to cause trouble. Those who come after him, on the other hand...
And if that wasn't enough, the intruders are breaking the laws of the multiverse by crossing the walls of dimensions. (Redux posted 08/2006)

Cats eye

All I Wanna do is make love to you (Weiila)A short but touching songfic. Rinoa flees from Squall after an argument, and driving along the road she sees an old friend standing in the rain. There's nothing graphic to see and the language is clean so don't get any strange ideas about this sweet little thing.
Decisions (Weiila)Another dark fic, this one concerning Quistis life before she joined SeeD. Or rather, fled to Garden from her adoptive family with an alcoholic father and psycologically weak mother.
Overdue Goodbye (Weiila)Once again a songfic (Cats eye is good at these!), This one is set five years after the battle with Ultimecia. Rinoa has left Garden since she couldn't live as a SeeD, and she's been asking Squall to come with her for the last two years. He has to make a decision, and it's not easy to say good-bye.
Papa Don't Preach (Weiila)Songfic again, this one filled with a revolting feeling. Rinoa has to tell her father something, but he won't be happy to hear it. Still, she's not left hanging with her news. A strong and sweet piece.
Truly Madly Deeply (Weiila)The sequel to Papa Don't Preach. Well, Squall asked the question. Rinoa waits with the answer though... and that's all I'm gonna say, you'll have to read it to find out! ;)
The Other side of Nothing (Weiila)The start of an alternate universe fic. Warning; VERY dark, so if you don't like that you better stay off this one.
The outcome of the Sorceress war wasn't the best for the world in general. Galbadia now has all the wealth, Esthar is silent and the Centras are nearly gone. Trabia and Balamb are stuck in the back, filled with desperate people trying to survive in the spoils.
Why Won't the World Stop? 2 (Weiila)Squall comes back from a job in Dollet, but he was in an accident. His head was damaged and he can't remember anything of his past life, locked in the mind of a child at best. Rinoa has to cope with him pretty much on her own as the other SeeDs goes on with their own lives. Only Zell and Edea are willing to help out. But slowly, Squall begins to remember.

Crack-Anne

Jerry Springer FF8 Style (Weiila)Funkiest pen-name as of yet, I dare say... but in any case...
Jerry Springer and relationships just doesn't mix well, I'm sure we all can agree on that. He's gonna need a lot of guards if he aims at sorting anything related to FFVIII out though, this just might be more than the talkshow can chew off...
Kiss Me (Weiila)Though they are rare, there are still some more good song fics out there, apparently. I have surely said it before, but I really think that if you make a songfic, make it a LOT more story than song, as this one is another good example off.
A cute romance story spanning two generations of Leonhearts, accompanied by an occasional quote from Six Pence None The Richer.

Creepy Fellow

Until the End (Weiila)Seifer recieves a letter from his old friends and "enemies", setting him off into a rather painful reflection of his actions. It's a short but very well-written piece, and you'll find yourself sucked into Seifer's thoughts as he goes through the list of senders of the mail.

Darkness Beckons

The God's Other Half (Weiila)A highlevel SeeD by the name Aidin stumbles back to Garden from a sort of successful mission. He got the job done, though there is more trouble on the rise. Dragons are starting to act up, and that includes the one currently residing in Selphie's mind as well. Bahamut and he's brothers seem to be up to something. And there's a strange sorceress showing up in Squall's dreams, who demands that he becomes her knight.

Dave

An Instructer's Christmas A Christmas fic...set in Final Fantasy 8. Still, an excellent fic, focusing on Quistis (well, duh) and a trap by one of her students. Features the usual brutal murder of a character.
Now and AlwaysOnce again, Dave presents a FF8 fic. This time, it's shortly after Irvine has died during some kind of mission, and the rest of the gang (especially Selphie) are having a hard time moving on.

Ersatz Sobriquet
About the author

2012 AD (Weiila)PuPu is a cute fellow, isn't he? But he comes from an advanced race after all, and when multiple times proven that humanity is beyond all known cruelty those peaceful sweethearts have to take action. The title and fic were inspired by the X-Files, so don't expect a story about happy little aliens dancing around among the flowers.
How Ironic (Weiila)The gripping tale of love, hate and tragedy, a woman's jealousy which leads to disaster, as the title implies very ironical disaster. Not for Rinoa fans... Reader reviews of this fic.
So I pulled (Weiila)Once again a superb psychological thriller by Ersatz, and once again I have to bring out the NOT FOR YOUNGER READERS sign. In this story, the last one you'd expect is cracked down by pain and finds a radical solution to all the problems the person sees in the world. Reader reviews of this fic.
To Appase the Gods (Weiila)After the ending of FF8... Seifer has commited yet another crime, one he cannot find forgiveness for among the humans, since it hasn't much to do with his own race. No, the crime has brought the hatred of the GFs upon him, therefore he must face them all and seek forgiving.

Griever

Covert OPs Irvine style (Weiila)A very intense and rather violent fic, told from Irvine's point of view. He, Zell and Squall are on a SeeD mission, and it's not one of the nicer ones. Not easy either, the three have to mop their way through heaps of guards to reach their target; a Galbadian man who somebody would rather see removed from power.

Jeremy Chapter

Pupu's Saga (Mazrim)An extremely long, almost novel-like Fanfic in the world of Final Fantasy 8, after the game's end. Every character is explored fully, and Pupu's Saga has a gripping plot, well-developed characters, an exceptional understanding of the Final Fantasy 8 world, as well as his own brand of quite hilarious humor. A must read! (14/8 update: added chapter 22-26) Reader reviews of this fic.

Joker Loire of the Turks
About the Author

Machine Gun And White Flowers (Weiila)A prelude to FFVIII, starring Raine and Laguna. The tale about how the bumbling moron with the world's biggest heart and the collected barowner met and fell in love. Very sweet for being one of Joker's creations, thumbs up for that too!
Meteora (Weiila)What's an "albumfic", then? Well, you've got one right here! It's liek a songfic, 'cept its a very long fic and each chapter has a song from an album. I might be wrong about this, but since I've never seen one of these before this might be the first fic of its kind :)
Rinoa and Squall's relationship will go up and down while Linkin Park plays their songs and the other heroes try to help out in various ways.
Penultimate Force Prologue, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Epilogue
(Weiila)Another FF8 fic by Joker, and in this one something I've never seen done before is introduced; the Church of Hyne and it's servants, with confession booths and holy writings.
Rinoa has disappeared, leaving only a letter of explanation - containing a few strange phrases - behind. By this, Squall has been so depressed that the rest of the gang, especially Quisis, have been forced to fight like animals to keep him alive. But just in time for his careful steps back to reality, strange things begin to happen. Garden accepts a couple of questionable murder assignments and a new meaning is given to one of Ultimecia's riddles. It seems like forces above nature are at work.
Private I (Weiila)Selphie's lucky socks are stolen, and Irvine takes up the case in pure, paranoid, over-analysing and suspicious Dick Tracy rip-off style. Say your last prayers, Balamb Garden... especially with an old fashioned Pink Panther/Inspector Clouseau assassin on the loose as well.
Retaliation
1 2 3 4 5
Epilogue
(Weiila)Dark beyond belief about Squall, who after the tragic death of Rinoa that he believes he himself caused is running through the underworld of humanity in a wild hunt for the truth. He's aided by mysterious phonecalls, but the informants are secretive and he has no idea who he can trust. As his old friends begin to fall before his helpless eyes, he is also accused of murders he was the sole witness of.
Retaliation: Afterpiece Noir Prologue
1 2 3
Epilogue
(Weiila)Dark with a capital D is the sequel to Retaliation, it hasn't got Noir in its title without a reason. I don't recommend people with paranoid tendencies to read this, because you'll have a field day...
Squall's attempts to get on with his life in peace are completely smashed by the murder of his new girlfriend, and he's thrown back into the Netherworld of humanity in the hunt for the murderer.
*checks list* Eh, we're gonna need more game-characters...
Retaliation: Endgame, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Epilogue
(Weiila)Yes, this really is the end of it, Joker says. The ultimate conspiracy will finally be revealed and solved, the person behind everything will be taken cared of... er... NOW we're REALLY out of game characters... anybody have a Phoenix Down?
Not much more I can add really, if you've read the other parts of the Retaliation trilogy, you probably know the drill already.
Revenge (Weiila)Here we go with psycho Squall again, this time on a different level. I don't recommend that children and people who love the commander read this, as he's presented in a less than glorifying way. Those who don't think that Rinoa and Squall should be together can calmly read on, though, as well as those who like dark stuff.

KaiserVonAlmasy

I'm not going back (Weiila)Seifer looks back on the events during the game, and he doesn't regret anything. Over and over repeating one single phrase, the only thing he can hold true after all he has gone through and lost.
Scenes from a
parallel universe:
FF8


(Weiila)*tries to get back into the chair after falling off laughing* This is an insane humor fic by good ol' Kaiser, and a darn good one too! To sum it up; why try to stay true to the stereotypical character molds when you can smash them completely?! (Reremastered 6/9) Reader reviews of this fic.
Scenes from a
parallel universe:
FF8, part 2 (Scene 7 to 14)
(Weiila)Here we go again... enter Ellone, Squall reads Shakespear, Edea gets possessed again, Selphie drinks coolaid... can it get better?! :)
Scenes from a
parallel universe:
FF8, part 3 (Scene 15-20)
(Weiila)Yes, here's more! This latest scene isn't so very focused on humor, more on the careful, reluctant romance growing between alternate Seifer and alternate Selphie. It's so cute... but somehow so horribly creepy at the same time...
The new scenes carry a return of humor though. Disclamer: Warning! Reading part 16 may cause drop of IQ! *grins*
Scenes from a
parallel universe:
FF8, part 4 (Scene 21-27)
(Weiila)Edea is possessed. When Edea is possessed she kills things. Well, she tries... (update 2/12)
Scenes from a
parallel universe:
FF8, part 5 (Scene 28-32)
(Weiila)The end is nigh, will everybody find someone to love? Will Edea get dispossesed? Will Sid ever get rid of his stupid mask? It is now complete!
Scenes from a
parallel universe:
FF8, The Cast
(Weiila)The cast of the wacky alternate universe series by sir Almasy.

Lady Aliena

Days' Child Series (Mazrim) This is actually a collection of seven fanfics, based on the children's nursery rhyme "Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace..." It's sort of a character study of each of the characters in FF8, attaching the 'fair of face' or whatnot label to each one of them, and then talking about their childhood, how they grew up to be the person they are in the game. It's actually really interesting, even if some of the histories are 'made up' in a sense by the author. It all makes sense, and the author has a very concise, very nice writing style that makes the reader gobble up each one of these stories in quick succession. Very cool if you've played FF8 (as you should, since it's one of the best FFs to date in the opinion of this humble librarian), and still cool (if a bit confusing) if you haven't.
Monday's Child
Tuesday's Child
Wednesday's Child
Thursday's Child
Friday's Child
Saturday's Child
Sunday's Child
Family (Mazrim) A charming story about what a Christmas in the world of Final Fantasy 8 might be like, this centers around how various characters would act, how they'd feel, what they'd think, based on both the game and on Lady Aliena's past writings (the Days' Children series). A nice story, good for some laughs/cries, as with most of Lady Aliena's work.
The First Time (StarStorm) A rather romantic fic, that ends on quite a funny note. Things are ultimately not what they seem (or what you think, you little perverts), and Aliena shows how well she can string her readers along. Still, a romantic comedy from an excellent author, and it's short, so go read!
Forever
2 3 4
(Weiila)Aliena brings out yet another masterpiece in FF8:ness, this one a true tear-jerker.
When Irvine hesitates about his feelings for Selphie, he looses her to another. On top of that he manage to get into an argument with Quistis just before they're sent on a mission together with Zell. Strange things are happening around the world, and something is definitely ajar in Esthar...
The Mission (Weiila)Selphie needs Irvine's help with a little shopping... and he gets to bring two friends along to do it. A good reason to learn not to laugh at a friend facing an embarrasing mission.
Mildly humorous as the heroes show that they can plan, fight and survive... but maybe not get the best presents for a woman...
Misunderstanding (Weiila)Our queen of FF8 delivers yet another great piece, this one taking a gripping look into the way the human psyche works when feeling threatened in the game of friendships. Not the usual pairing here, but is it pairing? Are they just friends? This is the questions leading to the Misunderstanding. Excellently true-to-life and realistic. Maybe this'll help both all males out there and me understand why women change their minds so mysteriously and suddenly all the time... (no, I dunno either and I doubt many of us ladies normally do :P). Reader reviews of this fic.
One Of Our Own (Mazrim) A fic set in the world of FF8, centered around Seifer (but told from the point of view of Xu), and about how the events up till the end of FF8 would have affected him. Interesting to see it from the point of view of an observer - but combined with Lady Aliena's writing style (which I must confess, it really impresses me, though I can't seem to find the words as to why), it creates quite the powerful piece.
The Return (Weiila)And here's another great FF8-fic from our very own Lady Aliena. This one considers Seifer's attempts to return to a decent life after the end of the game. This is of course not free of complications, and the story will contain a few not too common but interesting and sweet lovepairings...
There's Something about Selphie (Mazrim) One of the few 'comedy' fanfics the archive's gotten in a long time, this fanfic just goes to show that even though Selphie might seem like an airhead...there's just something about her that ALL guys love. The bubbly personality, the constant smiling, the kawaii innocence, all these things tend to addle men's minds, used to a very amusing effect in this fanfic :P.
Winter (Weiila)Whooo! Our classical FF8 queen is back! And with a fic even!
Selphie tries to hold a speech about freeing the GFs, but people won't listen to her. This causes Irvine to ask Shiva to help out, which she does after some thought. But the Guardian Force of Ice might have other plans than merely helping out, as the gang of SeeDs soon finds out as their sniper starts acting weird.
What about Nida? (Mazrim) Yeah! What ABOUT Norman? Err...Nida. ^_^ This fanfic centers around the trials and tribulations of Nida, the other SeeD graduate along with Squall, Zell, and Selphie in FF8. He's not mentioned much in the game (indeed, Squall even forgets his name), but this author with her cool, concise, yet very lively writing style brings him to life, and breathes humanity into this almost nameless character of FF8. Reader reviews of this fic.
What about Xu? (Mazrim) A companion story to the epic tale "What about Nida?" this story is told from the point of view of Xu, another side character in the events of FF8. Basically, it's a retelling of the story of FF8 through her eyes, which is interesting if only to get a fresh perspective on everything. Funny, interesting, nice, cool, what better adjectives can a story ascribe to have?
Where You'll Be (Mazrim) A sequel to "What about Nida," reportedly written because Nida demanded to get the girl. Well, you'll see what happens in this story, which is very humorous, even if it is slightly bittersweet because Nida is quite shy and sensitive to things like that. It's as much a love story as anything, and one that I think the shy, more nerdy (it's not bad!) types could identify with. Or hope for. Sorta like Tenchi Muyo!... :P Reader reviews of this fic.

Larathia

Griever Chronicles: Griever
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(Weiila)This is an epic FF8 story, at times cruel and dark but surrounded by sparkles of hope and light. Larathia works with a reaccuring theme in her fics, which you'll see more of later, about the origin of the Guardian Forces. I won't spoil it however.
Squall goes against the SeeD rules in order to tell Rinoa further secrets of the mercenary schools, but she resolves to become one of the warriors anyway. Something is strange with the Griever ring, and somebody wants Squall for a devilish experiment...
I advise younger readers to stay off this one, though it is fabulously wellwritten there are parts which children probably shouldn't read.
Griever Chronicles: Zell
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(Weiila)Several years after the birth of Griever, Zell comes back from a mission he did well... until his client was killed, and he himself got deadly wounded. And that is merely the start of it, for as the investigation mainly led by Seifer goes on, it turns out that the torture that Squall was put through still left marks in the world, in the shape of six small humans...
On top of that, Irvine will have to take Squall's place. In more ways than one...
Once again an epic tale with action, romance and a bit of humor. Quite a great read indeed!
Dark Messenger
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(Weiila)So Griever is handled in their chronicles... what about one of the other Guardian Forces? What sorceress and her knight would create a creature so vile as Diablos?
The gripping tale of the sorceress Carolin - a young tomboy woman with no plans of getting caught up in a net of men or knights, a group of Squires in training, and Lord Leonheart, a knight bitter after the death of his Sorceress, Marie.

Interacts a little with Griever.

Little Miss Little

The Fog over Dollet (Weiila)The tale of Seifer's father, how he lost his wife and left his son at the orphanage. Rather sad and melancholic, which of course isn't a bad thing. It's always great when non-existent characters get a little spotlight.

LunarCry

Death Beyond Death
2
(Weiila)This fanfic dives into the conspiracy theory of Final Fantasy 8, the one claiming that Ultimecia isn't just a villain in the background but in fact in the game almost all the time. A tragic tale about a woman quickly slipping into utter despair and the evil sorceress' view of her last hours of life.
Reader reviews of this fic.
A Grand-idi Day Out
2 3
(Weiila)Action with a hint of humor, very nice!
A training session in the forest turns into chaos and the heroes have to fight for their lives. In spite of a big scary villain trying to destroy the world, the SeeDs find themselves surrounded by an angry colony of one of the worst enemies in the whole FF-series. One that really should get better toothpaste...
The Strangest of Friends (Weiila)LunarCry explores the time Selphie shortly mentioned that she had used a GF before coming to Balamb Garden. Great characterization of both Selphie and the GF in question, warmly recommended! (Though "warmly" might not be the word since it's all placed in Trabia, which is one cold place, but meh... ;))
Reader reviews of this fic.
To Absent Friends... (Weiila)Not exactly a sequel to "The Strangest of Friends", but it might be a good idea to read that first as you'll meet Selphie's friends there, when they were younger. During the reconstruction of Trabia Selphie's bubble of optimism bursts due to harsh, unfair words and she breaks down. The only one available for listening turns out being Squall.
Reader reviews of this fic.

*~Mithfeniel~*

Past Regrets (Weiila)A FF8 quickie, an alternate version of the scene below the Ragnarok after Rinoa and Squall returned from space. Cute, but despite it's short length packed with spoilers, so those who didn't have any troubles in Esthar yet better stay off this one ;) Everyone else feel free to read.

Mr D Heart

What Quistis Did Next Book One
Book Two
Book Three
(Weiila)It seems like that thing that Squall told Bahamut about being born to fight holds true. This is a mighty, fantastically well-written and imaginative epic in which Quistis attempts to start a new life, away from Garden. But her new career takes a turn that she hadn't expected and though she's a gym teacher she has to pick up her whip and start fighting again, for a town which won't even thank her it seems. As things doesn't turn out as planned, Quistis finds herself returning to where she come from, getting her hands full of three extraordinaire and undisciplined SeeD cadets.
But even with the battles, this fic is more focused on everyday life of the people living in the FF8 world, with human thoughts and joys.

Phantasy_Starlight

Miracle (Weiila)This is how a songfic should be in my opinion, the text spreading out like a fan with the quotes from the song just being the tip of the handle that keeps the rest assembled. Yes, that was a really strange description, but meh. We're talking about the fic here.
A well-written and nice romance story for those who think that the blonde gal should get a blonde guy, and we're not talking about the hyperactive hero here.
It may take a while, but Seifer finally manages to redeem himself and make it to becoming a SeeD. But not without fighting with Quistis all the way, of course.

Philip W. Randt

Obsession(StarStorm) A fairly decent story, it starts off fairly weak, but starts to get interesting. So far it's incomplete, it seems. Someone seems to have infiltrated Balamb Garden, and he seems to have a bit too much interest in Rinoa...

Rhi-an
About the Author

Defying Fate
2
(Weiila)A post-game fanfic about Final Fantasy 8, digging deeply into each character's thoughts as a group of scientists leave Esthar on a quest of their own: to stop the Sorceress before she stirs any trouble, and they'll stop at nothing to put their valiant plan into action. But as their first attempt to get their hands on Rinoa fails, they turn to her weakest point. Her Knight.

RobertDogwood

Fortune's Hostage
2 3
(Weiila)This story is only three chapters long, but it's packed with a great plot with conspiracy and betrayal.
As forty people, including a small boy, are taken hostage by a guerilla group in Trabia, Squall, Irvine and Zell are sent to clear things out. However, the head of the Galbadian force stationed in the region seems less than willing to cooperate despite the fact that all the hostages are from Galbadia. And Cid seems to have some personal issues with the case, but he's not willing to share the information.
Younger readers should stay off this one due to a rather gory scene in chapter three.

Silverstorm

Paranoia (Weiila)A creepy horror fic about a SeeD quickly loosing grip of reality, wrapping himself up in complete lunacy born from a mysterious voice in his head. Paranoia crawls into the man's mind and after finding his hands bloodied once, the madness only keeps growing, hungering for the deaths of his friends.

ssj_trunks

Griever (Weiila)A prelude to Final Fantasy VIII, mainly concerning Squall's training with his gunblade. Every day life at Balamb Garden, spiced with a bit of action and characters meeting each other pro-game. Interesting read.

Steven Mayo

Fat Lip (Weiila)Some grudges go way, way back, and even if mystical creatures residing in your brain might remove the memories of past anger and pain, the emotions are still there. A tale about a day in the orphanage with the future heroes of FFVIII, and how the events taking place there causes the children to clash as teenagers.

Swift Kid

First Person views (Weiila)The opening scene of Final Fantasy 8 seen through Squall's eyes; his battle with Seifer in the first FMV. Very intense, as that scene requires that.
As I understand, this might be the first in a series of scenes in first person view by Swift Kid.

XmagicalX

The Promise of Nightmares
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(Weiila)Galbadia just thrives wicked plans, eh? Well, that country is kinda just begging for it after their blunders in the game, after all.
The new president of Galbadia and his wife plan to continue the dream of Vinzer Deling, with the help of the only Sorceress knight, a... ahem... doctor and a mysterious warlock named Dahl. Their attempts to capture Rinoa is fairly successful until someone shows his true colors. However, Squall is sent into a nightmare filled comastate and when the Galbadians invade Fisherman's Horizon, Cid is captured by the enemy.
Well written and interesting, a great read!



Maintained by: