Site Navigation

RPGClassics Main
Contact Maintainers:
Starstorm
Tenchimaru Draconis
Weiila

Fanfic Navigation
Fanfiction Index
Updates Archive
Fanfiction Message Board!
Fanfiction Requirements

-Series/Game Specific-
Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
•Final Fantasy IIj
Final Fantasy IIIj
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy Tactics
Lufia
RPGCommunity
Seiken Densetsu
Shining Force
Other

-Crossovers-
Miscellaneous
Final Fantasy
Square

-Fanfic Type-
Comedies
Serious (Reality Based)
Incomplete

Author index

Interview form for authors

Reader reviews
Fanfic quotes

Part Twenty Two: Always and Forever




Authors Note: Well, here we are at last..... I don't need to tell you this, but this is love confession chapter. For those who are offended by somewhat sensual writing, I suggest you stop reading once it gets past your level of tolerance: Chances are, it'll get worse. But don't worry, this chapter isn't too lemony....



Two bodies...... One male, one female..... He reached out for them, and touched the womans neck. Her heart was still beating, but faintly. The man's pulse was gone entirely....

Blood.... There is much blood in the air.... He felt it on his hand, between his fingers. Slowly, he brought it to his lips. It was the male's blood, with a very rich taste: a noble's blood.. The female's was sweet, so very sweet: The blood of a strong-hearted Sorceress......

She smells..... familiar..... He moved his hands to her face, and felt it's structure. No..... It's not her.....

She's been with these two, though.......
He touched the half-noble's forehead. This one's been with her just recently....

This was one of the instances that he was glad he had been blinded. These two were the way to find her. An unknowing guide for a blind man....

He couldn't hope to revive the both of them, but it seemed the half-noble was a healer.

He rested his hand on the males back, just behind the now still heart. He surrendered all the energy he could spare into his body, hoping that it would work. For their sake..... For his sake.....

For her sake....

The half-noble stirred weakly. Now the restorative property of his blood would go to work. Soon he would heal the female, and then they would be on their way......

And they will lead me to her......

Unless she's already gone......


The half-breed's hand tightened around the female's. His head lifted, and his eyes attempted to focus.

He knew that he needed to get out of here, before the Dhampire saw him. He needed to remain in the shadows, or else he would never find her......

"Carrie....." Chanaur turned her over onto her back. Her face was pale, save for a single streak of blood accross her cheek. Somehow, her hair had turned white as snow. Her robes were ripped in several places, as was her body. He felt for a lifebeat on her neck......

.....But found none.

He moved to his knees, and took her left hand in his right, and her right in his left. He exerted what was left of his energy, and used it to close her wounds. The magic cycled between their bodies, making their both of them whole again......

.....But her heart remained still.

Chanaur despaired. He had indeed come too late. He was too late...... Too late to save her..... To late to tell her......

He lifted her gently from the ground, and held her close. He couldn't believe it. Wouldn't believe it. She couldn't be dead..... He placed a hand to her chest. As a last idea, he gave her a jolt of electricity......

She gave a gasp, and her eyes opened. Her arms tightened convulsively over him. Her heart began to beat again. Color began to return to her face. She was alive!

"Chanaur....?" She looked up at him, her eyes out of focus. "Is that..... You?" She blinked, and her eyes were once again the eyes he remembered.

"Yes, Carrie....." Chanaur smiled, well aware of the tears that were on his cheeks. "It is I."

Her eyes began to glow, and she smiled. Her hand was suddenly on his cheek, holding his face. Her thumb began it's caress.

Then Carrie's arms were around him, squeezing him tight. "Oh, Chanaur....." She rested her head on his shoulder. "I was afraid I wouldn't see you again.... I was afraid....."

Chanaur put his hand on hers, and squeezed gently. "I was fearing the same thing, Carrie. I was afraid that I wouldn't find you before you died......"

"Chanaur, your blood is on the ground....." She looked up at him, worry in her eyes. "Are you hurt?" She laced her fingers with his.

"No....." He brought her hand to his lips, and kissed it, delicately. "Now that I'm with you, I'm fine...."

She blushed, and her gaze fell. "As am I.....Chanaur......" She looked up into his eyes. Tears glistened within them, and shone on her cheeks.

His heart melted, and he held her closer. He could feel her heart beating against his. At last, he had her back in his arms. Back where she belonged......

Carrie weapt into his chest, joy filling her soul. She wanted to do nothing more than hold him for the rest of time.... And to be held.......

She kissed him on the cheek. "I'm just glad your here...... I'm just so glad...." Her voice broke, and she lowered her head into his chest again.

She felt his hands begin to rub her back. "Carrie, it's okay...... I'm here, don't cry......"

She laughed, choking on her tears. "I can't help it, Chanaur......" She nuzzled into his breast. "I'm just so happy to see you....." She kissed him on the cheek. "So happy to hold you....."

Chanaur kissed her ear, and whispered, "I'm happy to know that you're still alive...... It would have been all my fault, if you would have died....."

She cradled his face in her hands, and forced her eyes into his. "No, it wouldn't have been." She kissed him on the lips. They tasted like salt..... She pulled back, and looked into his eyes again. "It would have been-"

Chanaur put a finger to her lips. "No, it would have been my fault. I vowed to the Dark One that I wouldn't continue the bloodline after I-" He cut himself off. He didn't want her to know about that. Especially when their was the smell of blood all around....

".....After you what?" She looked concernedly into his eyes. "What did you do?"

"No.... It's not important. All that happened was I lost control again....." Chanaur lowered his eyes from hers.

"I think it may be a little more than that, Chanaur." She put a hand on his cheek. "What were the circumstances.....?"

He hesitated, but only for a moment. Soon it all came spilling out.... "I was badly wounded, and I had used the last of my strength to heal myself. It healed my body, but did not restore my blood. Two vampires, a male and a female, attacked. I used my affliction to get back my blood in the fastest way possible. The male deemed no problem, but when I bit into the female's neck, and she screamed....." He took a deep breath. "My head exploded with the memory of screams. Taolin's the night I fed on her. Rosa's, the night she was taken....... And your's...... That day in the oubliette.....

"It brought into brutal focus the entirity of what it meant to sustain the Tepes bloodline. It would mean that I would be continuing the slow corruption of the human race, through blood, pain, and tears. It would mean that I would be dooming people to forever life...... It would mean that my child would not be able to lead a normal life....." Chanaur shook his head. "This broke my contract with the Count. Now you and I can die, without hope of his help......"

Carrie ignored this last part. "Chanaur..... You are a half vampire, and you are not evil." Carrie whispered consolingly, fondling his neck.

Chanaur sighed, and closed his eyes. "I may not be evil, but I do have a very dark second side. I've been trying to tell myself that I can keep the hunger in check, but....." He touched her neck gently, and sighed again. "....recent events have led me to believe otherwise......"

Now it was Carrie's turn to sigh. "Chanaur, it doesn't matter if you can control the hunger or not. Nobody with that kind of blood can keep it up forever....." She moved his face so that he was looking into her eyes. She smiled. "What matters is that you have someone to help you when your affliction takes strongest control."

Chanaur looked at her puzzledly. "What do you mean? How can you help me.....?"

Carrie leaned up, and kissed his neck delicately. "I can give you some of my blood, if you ever need to quench the thirst...."

"No. I can't ask that of you....." Chanaur shivered under her lips.

"You're not asking that of me. I'm offering it to you. I trust you, Chanaur. I know you wouldn't take advantage of me....." She kissed him again.

"Yes..... You have a point....." He held her closer..... "But why would you do that for me......?"

Carrie kissed him again, her lips lingering upon his trachea. "So you have a safe, guilt-free method of satiating your hunger....."

Chanaur put a hand to her cheek, bringing her away from his neck. "Your canine teeth have lengthened since we have come to the castle. Have you noticed? Do you believe it to be a coincidence? Remember back in the Villa, the battle with the Cerberus?" Carrie only looked bewildered. "Well, when you were dying, I gave you some of your blood. As well as that time, I also fed on you. You may not be turning into a vampire, but you are taking on some of the physical characteristics of one......."

Carrie felt her canine's with her tongue. "So they have...." She muttered. "Well, this could be a good thing, Chanaur. This way, we might be able to maintain a balance between ourselves......"

"Let's...... Well, let's not think about that now. We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it, okay?" He kissed her on the forehead. "Right now, I'd like to talk to you about something......else." Gently, he set her down, so that she as sitting before him, but not in his arms.

Carrie looked into his eyes. Again, she saw a strong, warm emotion in his eyes that she couldn't quite place......but she hoped it was what she thought it was.

Besides, I don't care anymore what he feels. Just as long as he can know, I have no more regrets. We've come so close to losing each other so many times.....

Chanaur looked into her eyes, seeing tears of joy. She was truly happy to see him; happy enough to cry...... What more insentive did he need?

Why do I hesitate? Didn't I come all this way to save her and tell her the truth? Good lord, what's wrong with me? Just tell her, and get it over with.....

"Carrie......"

"Chanaur......"

They had both spoken at the exact same time, yet again. They smiled briefly at each other, but then moved in closer.

"Carrie, I want to ask you a question......" He took hold of her hand. "How long have we known each other?" He squeezed gently.

She squeezed back. "Nearly all of our lives....." Carrie looked into his eyes again, feeling warmer just by looking into them.

"Yes. And we've been through so much together......" He held her hand between both of his. "Your like a little sister to me......and yet your so much more......"

Carrie felt her heart flutter. "And you...... Have always been like an older brother...... Someone to kid around with..... Someone to run to with my problems......"

Chanaur nodded. "And now, we are all the family we have left. I've always considered you my little sister......" Carrie's gaze fell, but Chanaur brought her eyes back into his. "Until recently. I've realized that you are much more to me....."

Carrie smiled, and put a hand to his cheek. "Chanaur...... I'd like to tell you something as well...." She squeezed his hand. "I...... want to appologize..... For not telling you sooner...... About my secret......"

Chanaur shook his head. "It's alright, Carrie. But as long as we're making appologies....." He touched her lips, to silence what she was going to say. "I'd like to make my own.

"First...... I'm sorry that I never told you about my..... aflliction..... until recently. I wasn't sure how you would take it, and if you'd leave or not." He smiled brightly. "But now I know that that was an irrational fear. I know now that you'd never leave me.....

"Second, I'd also like to appologize for feeding on you. However, I know that's in the past, and that it's said and done with...... Theres no sense in brooding on it anymore......

"And finally, I'd like to appologize for not telling you this sooner....." He took a deep breath, and squeezed her hand. Then it all came gushing from his mouth, very fast, and almost indescernable: "I love you..... As more than just a baby sister. I love you..... In the strongest possible terming of the word. I want nothing more than to hold you for all the rest of time......" He took a deep breath, and whispered, "I love you, and I always have......"

Chanaur awaited her reaction. Her face oddly resembled someone's face after they'd been struck by lightning. Indeed, she was stunned.....

But then her eyes welled with fresh tears. She smiled, and threw her arms around him. "I love you too, Chanaur......" She melted into his chest as his arms closed around her. "Oh, you have no idea how long I've wanted to say that....." She kissed his neck, her heart fluttering in her chest. "I love you......" She choked back a sob. "I love you, Chanaur......"

Chanaur felt as though he could die right now, and have no qualms about it whatsoever. At last, the moment of truth had come. "I've wanted to tell you for so long, Carrie..... Ever since the night we lost Imbrium..... Back when I wasn't sure if what I felt was love......" He gently pushed her away, so she could look into his eyes. "But now I know. And at last, I can hold you without guilt of taking what isn't mine. Because now....." They began to lean in, slowly. "I know your mine....." Just before their lips touched, he closed his eyes, and whispered, "And I am yours..... Always and forever....."

Their lips met, and the breeze stood still. The world seemed to stop turning, the very stars in the heavens holding their breath. It seemed that all of creation was awaiting this very moment to occur.....

The first honest kiss between lovers is a truly beautiful moment. No matter who it's shared with, the moment will be remember forever, by both parties, if it is true love. One would even go as far as to say that the act has it's own sort of magic.....and not be too far off, actually. Love is the magic of the heart. And like magic, it has applications, weaknesses, compatabilities, and so on.

If the lover's magic is compatable, the effect is grand indeed.

Carrie and Chanaur are no exception to this.

For whole minutes, they relished the closeness, not moving, barely breathing. Moments passed, and then their arms encircled each other, bringing themsleves closer..... always closer. Delicately, the kiss softened, and then deepened. After a while, just as delicately, the kiss ended, and they slowly pulled away from each other, eyes still closed, as if savoring the taste.

Carrie's eyes opened slowly, as if she were waking from a dream. She looked up into Chanaur's face, and watched his eyes open in much the same manner. She leaned against his warm body, and nuzzled into his neck. She felt his arms close over her.....

Carrie sighed heavily, and whispered in his ear. "Chanaur, you dummy..... Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She kissed his neck, barely applying her lips, but lingering at the same time. "Especially after all of the close calls....?"

Chanaur shivered, holding her closer. "I don't know myself, for sure......" His voice was husky, airy. "I guess I was afraid of your reaction.... I wasn't sure if you felt the same or not..... Weather my dreams were hopeless or not......" He laughed slightly. "But now that I have..... It was worth it...." He began to massage her shoulders, kneeding her soft flesh. "Oh, so worth it......"

Carrie's arms tightened around him. "Yes..... It was worth it....." She rested her head upon his breast. "Ironically, I didn't tell you for much the same reason....." Carrie suffered a swift feeling of de ja vu, and looked up at him. "But what if this is a dream? What if we wake up, and we're miles apart again?"

Chanaur kissed her on the forehead, gently, soothingly. "If it is....." He put a hand to her cheek, his thumb caressing just below her eye, wiping away the trail of tears. "....I hope I never awaken......"

The floodgates of Carrie's heart opened. All of her cares left her, cascading upon the wind, and flowing away into the night. Nothing mattered anymore. Nothing except for the fact that Chanaur was here, and that he loved her......

Chanaur felt her melt, felt her surrender into his arms. At last he could hold her, and not worry weather her feelings were the same, or not. He felt her warm tears soak into his shirt, and touch his chest. At long last, he could hold her, and know that it was him she wanted to be with for life...... It was here, with this young lady, that his heart rested. And it was here that it would remain. Always and forever......

Carrie lifted her head from his chest, and Chanaur smiled. "I love you Carrie..... Always and forever....." He held her closer, and she moved her way up his body, striving for his lips......

"And I love you, Chanaur...." She kissed him gently, her lips parting just long enough to hiss, "Always and forever......"

Their lips met again, and her breath seemed to stop. Her heart pulsing strongly against his, as if it wanted nothing more than to be closer......

Carrie let out a soft moan, and kissed Chanaur's neck again. She shivered, and he held her closer.... "You're so warm...." She nuzzled into his bare chest. "Now I'll never have to spend another cold night alone.... You'll be there, to keep me warm....."

Chanaur leaned back, until he was laying on the hard stone floor, with Carrie's soft, warm body pressed lightly against him. "And I will, Carrie....." He kissed her forehead. "For as long as I live......" He turned her onto her back. "But, the night is beautiful, if you look at it right....."

Carrie looked skyward. The sun had long since set, and the stars were beginning to show. "I've never looked into the sky much......" She sighed, and sank into his chest. "But then, I don't really watch the stars.... I have enough problems keeping track of what's happening on this world, let alone others......"

"Oh, you don't have to keep track of them....." He touched the side of her neck. "You just have to look to the stars, and sometimes......" He turned his gaze skyward, and sighed. "...You just might find something....."

Carrie gasped, and Chanaur smiled. By touching her, he had opened her eyes to the world of the night. The spectacle was breathtaking. She could now see the stars, glowing far away, swirling about in an intricate patern. She could see the aurora, their green, red, and blue colors painting the night sky. She could see the wind as it passed, gently stirring the world......

And there was something..... Else.

She saw swirls of silver-blue traversing among the winds. Although she couldn't be sure, she believed it to be either the currents of magic, or the movement of the spirits of the night.

Carrie smiled wryly. "For so long, I have been looking into the sky, and missing all of this......" She huddled against him. "It's wonderful...." She whispered. "Absolutely breathtaking......."

Chanaur kissed her on the forehead, and held her closer. "Yes..... It is......" He yawned. "And at last, I can show you...." He rubbed his cheek against hers. "My father...... He gave me this sight, and told me to give it to the one I came to love....." Chanaur sighed. "He told me that it would be testament to the very emotion: Timeless and boundless......" He smiled as she looked up into his eyes.

Their minds met, and the world stopped turning. The wind brushed past, Carrie's torn robes no longer keeping her warm. She huddled even closer. He could feel her heartbeat against his flesh, her breathe against his neck.....

Softly, he whispered, "I love you. After so long, I can finally tell you, and know you feel the same...."

Carrie smiled. "I've wanted this for just as long as you have, Chanaur....." She kissed him on the lips. "I've always felt the same, though I would never admit it to you, or myself for that matter......" Her eyes changed furtive. "The fact that it's taken me so long...... You don't think that I love you any less, do you.....?"

Chanaur shook his head. "That would make me a hypocrite. I know that you waited so long because you didn't want to chance it....." He smiled, but her eyes didn't change. "....For that is the same reason I've taken as long..... I love you so...... I was afraid that I would scare you off......"

She laughed, a musical sound in the night..... "What fools we've been......" Carrie put her hand on Chanaur's chest, caressing. "But I'm glad....." She shivered. "That we've finally come to each other...."

"Here, let's get you inside....." Chanaur whispered, lifting her in his arms. "You must be freezing...... I believe I saw a hearth in the Room....."

Carrie pressed herself closer. Chanaur felt the heat of her body against him, and he attempted to keep his blood from boiling. Tried to quell the perverseness that was inherit to the male mind......

Now I have two afflictions to worry about.....

Carrie called the staff to her hand, and then the night sky was gone. They were back inside, the clocks around the room still silent. Soon there was a fire burning in the heart, and Carrie had changed into her white robe. With her white hair, she looked truly mystical.....

Carrie sat before the hearth, wrapped in his spare blanket. Chanaur was stoking the fire, having found some firewood in a box accross the room. "Chanaur? Is anything wrong....?"

He sat down next to her, and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Nothing's the matter....." He sighed. "I'm just very tired....."

Carrie rested her head upon his weary shoulder. "Well, now we can rest....." She lifted her head. "Where's Reinhardt?"

"He's fine." Chanaur stated, gesturing to a door a small ways away. "He's asleep. I don't think he wants to be disturbed." He sighed heavily. "Rosa's dead." He sighed. "She died in his arms....."

Carrie gasped. "Oh my....." She put a hand to her mouth. "Are you sure he's alright?" Chanaur nodded. "At least.... At least she's no longer in pain..... That's twice he's lost her......" She sighed.

Chanaur sighed. "It takes true strength to continue to live. That's Reinhardt's creed. He says it quite often......" Chanaur squeezed her shoulder. "Don't worry about him though. They'll be reunited eventually....." He shook his head. "The sooner he comes to grips with that reality, he should be fine....."

Carrie kissed his neck. He felt tears upon his skin. "I don't know what I'd do without you..... I'd never be able to continue living......" She hugged him closer, and wrapped him up in the blanket with her. "I know it's a horrid weakness, but......"

"I have the same weakness, love." He kissed her on the cheek, taking away her fresh tears. "You are all I need..... If I were to lose you....." He sighed, holding her protectively, as if he was afraid someone would try to take her. "I'd probably follow you into death..... You are my strength....." He laughed lightly, trying to banish the tears he felt rising into his eyes. "...and my weakness....."

"But even unto death...." Carrie kissed him on the neck. "I'll always love you......"

"As would I..... Reinhardt and Rosa's love is the same....." He sighed. "Yes, he sould be fine...." He shook his mind, banishing the thoughts from his mind. He huddled closer to Carrie. "I hope we never have to be apart....."

Carrie moved closer, so that she was almost a part of him. . "We never will be....." She kissed him on the lips, delicately, teasingly. She pulled away just long enough to whisper, "Fear not...." She drew a shuddering breath. Her hand was behind his head, on his neck. "....For I am with you....."

Her hand moved into his hair, gently bringing him closer..... They kissed again.....

......with feeling.

Chanaur wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight as he could. This was where he wanted to be for life. In some way, a part of her..... He cursed his ribs for getting in the way.....

But then her hip brushed against his groin, a fire springing up and spreading through him. Soon every inch of him, every nerve, every cell was fuel for this fire. Soon it would take his mind, and he'd be powerless to stop himself....

He tried to force himself to move away from her. Tried to pry his lips away from hers. Tried to regain control of himself. But every move he made only brought him closer to her.... more intimate.... fueling the fire, causing the flames to leap higher and higher.....

As if the fates were mocking him, he became aware of the blood roaring in her neck. The hunger arose again, and he cursed himself for his weakness..... He seized it, in hopes that the familiar embers of his affliction would help to put the frightening flames of lust into check.....

Carrie's lips finally left his, and he attempted to move away. But there was no hope of that at this point: his inhabitions had been consumed by his desire. He moved closer, and started kissing her cheek. Then he started kissing her throat....

Carrie's breath seethed, and her arms clutched him closer. Chanaur felt his canine teeth sprout painfully through his gums. His hands moved without his mind's permission. His blood began to boil, and his control began to slip.....

Her breath quickened, her heart began to flutter. His mind was warring with his body, trying make himself stop. He had fed off of her once, he wasn't about to do it again.....

He moved his tongue slowly accross her neck, and then he pulled away. Air hissed between his clenched teeth, and he tried to turn away.....

But then he heard Carrie, her voice no more than a light, husky sigh.....

"Chanaur, you can, if you wish......"

He shook his head, averting his gaze away from her. "No, I can't..... I did it to you once, I don't want to do it again..... I love you....." He heaved a sigh. "I can't stand to hurt you again......"

He felt Carrie's hand on his cheek, turning him back to face her. "Chanaur, you and I are going to be together for a long time...." Her breath weightened, her other hand resting on his bare chest. Chanaur looked down at her hand, and realized that while he had been fighting for control, he had opened her robe.....

He moved his eyes back to hers, an appology on his lips. The hand on his face moved to his lips, the hand on his chest dug into his flesh slightly. "I'd like to help you in anyway possible. I love you. I'd do anything for you....." She kissed him on the neck, gingerly. "....Taking my blood is nothing...... I give it to you....." She licked his neck, just as softly. "You own my heart, my soul....." She kissed him again, her lips tugging at his skin. "....and my body....."

Chanaur's body responded to these sweet words. His head fell to her neck, gently kissing. His arms brought her to his chest, where she clung, a moan escaping her mouth. His hands began to caress her back......

If I can't stop myself....... His teeth brushed past her chin, and she sighed. They brushed past her trachea, and she stiffened..... He let go, his control abating. At least I can control how much I take from her......

......He nipped delicately into her neck, and she gasped. A gasp of pain, of pleasure, and of......something he couldn't quite place.....

The warm fluid trickled into his mouth, satiating his bloodlust. The second flame died, and the desire of the Sins of the Flesh arose in it's stead. His hands began to roam her body; caressing, fondling. Her arms tightened convulsively over him.....

He realized that her blood tasted very different from the time in the Castle Center. Then it had been the normal, bittersweet taste of copper, without the bitterness. But now with so many emotions and hormones flowing through her adrenaline laden body, the taste was intoxicating. There was something more, though; something he'd never tasted before.....

.....ecstasy.....

Gently, ever so gently, Chanaur pulled away, and licked up the last bit of blood on her throat before sealing the punctuals. He kissed her, and she responded with a passion that seemed to surprise them both....

Carrie's own blood was on her lips, wich she lick off, relishing in the flavor. Chanaur held her close. She pulled his cloak from his shoulders, and used it to pull his face to hers. The kiss one more time, and then she melted into his breast.

Chanaur drifted off, thankful that he could finally hold her without guilt. She loved him. She really loved him.....

After five years, they were together as more than a brother and his baby sister. After five years, they had admitted to themselves and the each other that they wanted nothing more than to reside in the other's heart.....

At last, Chanaur's mind was his own again. He sang Carrie to sleep, a soft, sweet song of Love Eternal; a promise for the future.

His voice faded as he finally fell asleep. Before his mind lost conciousness, he heard Carrie's voice, soft, whispering.....

....I love you.... Always..... And forever.....

End part Twenty Two.




Maintained by: