Site Navigation

RPGClassics Main
Contact Maintainers:
Starstorm
Tenchimaru Draconis
Weiila

Fanfic Navigation
Fanfiction Index
Updates Archive
Fanfiction Message Board!
Fanfiction Requirements

-Series/Game Specific-
Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
•Final Fantasy IIj
Final Fantasy IIIj
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy Tactics
Lufia
RPGCommunity
Seiken Densetsu
Shining Force
Other

-Crossovers-
Miscellaneous
Final Fantasy
Square

-Fanfic Type-
Comedies
Serious (Reality Based)
Incomplete

Author index

Interview form for authors

Reader reviews
Fanfic quotes

The Return of Sephiroth
by Richard B. Sampson Jr.




Misjustice
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I was in the cell that I had been placed in. In a few days, I was to be placed on trial for the crimes that St. Marius commited while he controlled my body. I couldn't believe that this was happening. First I was imprisoned in seven seperate pieces. Now I was whole again, only to be imprisoned again. For the past few hours, I had been reflecting on this problem. I don't know how I would get out of it, but I felt I could get out of this delemia. I just needed my friend and family to help me. Soon, I heard Meg, who was assigned to guard me, say "You have visitors, Vet."

I looked up to see Rich, Li, JaNa, Lena and Isis standing there. I was happy to see them. I looked at Rich and said, "Any hope?" p>Rich smiled and said, "We plan to testify, so you will have some backing to your good nature."

Li then said, "I've been having people who know the real you sign papers stating your true nature. Many feel this is a travesty of what is happening to you."

Lena then said, "I've been searching through Radr's logs to find cases in the past like this. Radr also doesn't want this to happen." All of my friends and family were trying to pull everything together so I wouldn't be sent away to where ever they would send me.

I then heard my daughter say, "Don't worry mother, I don't think that you will be sent away. I plan to speak in your defense as well." I hugged her in appreciation.

Then, Isis said, "Also, I will make a public forgiveness of what had happened. That should convince everyone that you never meant to do what had been done."

I felt tears form in my eyes as I said, "I thank you all. This has been a very difficult time for me. I just hope it can finally end." This nightmare had gone on long enough. I had watched as St. Marius used me to bring sorrow over the whole world.

JaNa looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Don't worry, mother. This nightmare will end." I could tell that she would not let this misjustice go on."

Soon, I heard Meg go, "Alright, it's time to go. Visiting time is over." She started to motion for all of the others to leave the room.

As they exited my cell, I heard Rich say, "Meg, when is the trial set?" She knew that they had a deadline to reach and that was when the trial would be held.

I heard Meg say "A week from tomorrow. Radr wanted us to wait. He still thinks we are making a mistake."

I listened as Rich said, "It is. People will understand and forgive her. We already have alot of people for Vet's freedom." I watched as he left the cell block area. It was late, and I knew I only had one real thing to do in the cell, and that was sleep.

******************

I was startled when Meg awoke me. I could tell by a timeclock on the wall that it was very early in the morning. She just motioned and said, "Come on, Vet. Time is wasting." She started to lead me out of the cell I was kept in.

As she lead me down the hall, I was wondering what was happening. I looked at her and said, "Where are we going?"

I was startled when Meg just said, "Your trial. It's time for it." I could see a small smile cross her face. I knew that Meg was one of the people who pushed hardest for this trial, but I was more started that I had been asleep for a week.

I looked around and said, "You mean I've been asleep for a week?"

She laughed and said, "No. Only a few hours. The trial was pushed up to right now." I was scared now, and also felt betrayed. Had my friends been informed, and choose to ignore it.

Soon enough, we had reached the court room. I was terrified now, but when I was escorted in, only a judge sat there. I wonder if Radr was even watching, but I saw no signs of life in any of the computer screens. It was as if he was being kept in the dark about this. I then heard a voice exclaim. "So this is Vet. Vet, you have commit a lot of crimes. You would need a miracle to get out of this."

I looked at the judge and pleeded, "Your honor, my friend will testify that all this isn't my fault."

The judge looked at me and said, "Then where are they?"

I swallowed and said, "They were told the trial was a week from now." I had heard Meg say that to them. That was why they weren't here. The fact that they didn't know about the date being moved up was odd.

Then I heard words that shattered my hope at a fair trial. "She lies," Meg said, "When they visited her last night and asked me, I told them that the trial was today." I was being set up.

I couldn't believe it. This trial was predetermined. I was going to punished. I had to stop this. I shouted, "Your honor, she's lying. She told them it was a week from..." I was knocked to the floor by Meg's hand.

She turned back to the judge and said, "See that. She lies to protect herself. She even threatened Isis with what appeared to be a deadly weapon, one that could have killed everyone. She needs to be locked up."

As I tried to get up, Meg slapped me down again. Why was the judge allowing this, and Radr wouldn't allow this. That was when it hit me. This was all set up by Meg, and the judge was in on it. I tried to call for Radr, but I was slapped again. The judge then said, "Then I have no choice to sentence you to one of the deepest levels on the Nasty Dungeon, never to find your way out. Meg, escort her there."

I felt Meg yank me up and lead me out of the room, and to a hidden passage. I wan't meant to be seen. I struggled to get free, but it was almost impossible. As I was being taken to my wrongful imprisonment, I heard Meg say, "This has been a long time coming."

I tried to face her, but she kept me facing the right way, especially when the door openned and we were outside the base. I said, "Why? Do you still think it was my fault because I had gone with Rich, instead of you being chosen to go with him."

I heard her laugh as we entered the celestrial world. "You would think that. You basically cursed all their lives, even ruined my sister's life. If it weren't for you, everything would be fine."

We had entered the world of the dungeon as I said, "You're sick Meg. You can't blame me for all of that. I fought the evil. I wasn't the evil."

As we entered the dungeon, we were being transported down when Meg said, "I know you fought the evil. That's the whole problem." My blood ran cold at that moment. She then said, "At least I could fill my sister Nela's place, but the others weren't to happy."

As we walked throught the halls of the level I was to be imprisoned on, I said, with fear in my voice, "What do you mean others?"

I was pushed to the floor as Meg said, "These others, the true beings that should control this world." I looked up to see 6 people, including Meg, surronding me. As I looked at them, I heard Meg say, "Please meet, Jela, you know Judge Ervin." She was right, he was the one who sentanced me to this hell. "Myself for my lost sister Nela, Lord Osbert, Viana, and last, but not least, Alis." I looked at the man and I realized who he was. The man who gave the marble to St. Marius in my body.

I shook with fear as I asked, "Who are you?" I was totally scared now.

It was Alis who spoke. "We are all descendants of the Great Master, Sephiroth. You see many many ages ago. He tried to become the ultimate being, but he was defeated, and the Ancients took control. They destroyed him, and reformed this world. We are the only ones who carry the Great Master's DNA, and know how to revive him. The red `marble' I gave you was a Materia, and once we obtain all of them. He will be reborn, but you almost ruined it. Nela had discovered the location of the Tomb Of Aeris. Now we must hunt for it again. As for you, we shall keep you alive, but you shall be tortured for all of eternity." I heard them all chant and soon, a cat was at my side.

I heard one lady, Viana, say, "You see, that is your familiar, and you now can't die. However, that cat will only protect you when you are almost dead, and it will bring you back." They all started to laugh. I was terrified. I was going to die and die, again and again.

They started to dissapear, but Meg stopped and said, "I hope you like the company." When she dissappeared, I got up and looked down one of the tunnels. What I saw frightened me. I grabbed the cat and ran, because the creatures that were persuing me were not ones I wanted to encouter anytime soon. My only hope now was to survive long enough for my rescue, but who knows when that will happen.


Awakening
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I was furious to hear what Radr told me when we arrive back with the petitions. I sat in my home with my wife, remembering how Radr said that Meg told him that Vet had escaped. I didn't believe it, but I had no proof that she hadn't escaped. My wife, Li and my daughter, Lena, were comforting JaNa. I feel sorry for Vet's daughter, but the real problem was what happened to Vet. As I sat in the den, I heard a knock on the door. I wondered who would be calling at my home at this hour. When I openned the door, I saw a very dignified man standing there. He just said, "I take it you are Rich. I am Lord Osbert. I think I know where Vet might be hiding."

I looked at him most sternly and said, "I hope you know that I don't believe she escaped. She knew that we were coming to her aid."

Lord Osbert just nodded and said, "Well, she did handle a very powerful magical item, and she may have found more of it. I think she fled to an excavation site that I am funding. It appears to be a tomb of great age. Lately, many of the workers have been scared away by something. I hope that you can succeed where we might have failed."

I didn't trust the Lord, but it was worth the shot to prove Vet's innocence. I just said, "Alright, let me get some things, and I be with you in a moment." I made my way upstairs and into my bedroom.

As I started to gather things together, I heard my wife say, "Rich, where are you going?" I saw the concern in her eyes as she asked the question.

I turned and said, "I'm heading to someplace to see if I can prove Vet didn't escape. A man says that he thinks Vet is at his excavtion site, but I'm starting to think something sinister happened to her."

My wife handed me something and then said, "I'm going to call Radr. I want you to keep in touch with him. I have a bad feeling about this."

I nodded and said, "I feel the same way, but I have a feeling that this is the only way to help Vet." I then headed down and left with the man who asked for my help.

***************************

After a while, we had entered the world of Edo. Lord Osbert said to me, "Sir, I do need to check on supplies and then we shall be off to the site. If you think you know of anyone that could help us, feel free to find them."

I decided to take him up on the offer, but not as he would have suspected. I head for the town where Hana and Taro lived. If anyone could give me info on Lord Osbert's expedition, they could. When I finally reachd there home, I saw Hana at the door. She smiled and said, "Rich, it has been too long. Please come in."

As I stepped, I said, "I know, the whole quest to save Vet, and now all this. I think something happened to her."

I heard Taro say, "I wouldn't doubt it. Strange things have been happening since Lord Osbert started his expedition. He found a tomb to the south of here, somewhere across the sea. Also, something very weird happened a few days ago."

I looked at Taro and said, "What was that?"

He nodded and said, "I didn't think much of it at the time, but I saw and overheard Meg taking Vet to a trial, the night after you left for the petitions." It hit me that instant. Meg lied to us all. What was she up to?

I stood and went to leave. "Taro. Call Radr and tell him that. Meg told us that Vet had escaped. I think something foul is afoot, and I have a feeling we are in trouble, big time."

As I left the door, I heard Hana say, "What do you mean?" I didn't want to say. The only way I could be sure was to go through with this and hope I could stop before I went beyond the point of no return. All I knew was that Lord Osbert and Meg were together on this.

***************************

It had been a couple of hours since we had set sail for the expedition site. I had a feeling that Lord Osbert wasn't being totally honest with me. Maybe I could trick him into showing that he is not who he seems. I thought about it and then remember my one friend. He had died not long before I met Meg in school. He had been a bright boy, but misfortune took him. I walked over to Lord Osbert and said, "Lord Osbert, how did you know about Vet's escape?"

He looked at me and said, "Well, I am friends with your friend Meg. When I told her about what was happening at the site, she told me to find you."

I nodded and then said, "I see. She ever tell you about Mit, our friend from school."

I noticed a smile crossing Lord Osbert's face. "Oh yes. I've met him a few times as well. Meg, him and I have had nice chats about the state of the world durring those trying times. I was glad that the Route neve caught on."

I smiled in return and said, "Yes, Mit was a good fellow. If you don't mind, I need to call home. My wife might be worried." He nodded and I walked away. I took out the radio my wife had give me and I said, "Radr, can you hear me?"

I soon heard a soft computerized voice say, "YES, ALTHOUGH YOUR SIGNAL IS WEAK. WHAT IS UP?"

I just said, "Meg's been lying to us, and I think Lord Osbert is in on it."

Radr simply responded. "I FIGURED THAT AFTER TARO CALLED. HOWEVER HE CALLED TOO LATE. MEG HAS BEEN GONE FOR SOME TIME. ANY IDEAS?"

I didn't want to say too much, but I needed to give him something. "I have an idea that I might see her soon. Radr, I want you to look up something for me. Try and find anything about Aeris Gainsbourgh."

Radr responed almost concern. "YOU MEAN THE CETRA FROM THOSE VERY OLD BOOKS. YOU THINK THAT LEGEND PLAYS A PART HERE?"

I just siad, "I think it is the part. I need to know about the tomb created to commemorate her. Any information is good. Get in touch with me if you can." I hung up then, and prayed that my idea was wrong. I had done more reading on the legend of the Cetra and came across what had killed her. A child of Jenova, named Sepheroth. He was about to destroy the world. Maybe he had descendants who kept the dream alive, and I had a feeling that Meg and Lord Osbert were two of them.

***************************

It had been almost a full day since I had left my home when we arrive at the site. Now, more then ever I believed that Vet wasn't here, but Lord Osbert did know where she was. As we neared the entrance to the tomb on the site, I heard Lord Osbert say, "We are very sure she's in there. She's been casting illusions to protect herself and scare us off. Be on your toes."

I nodded and ventured into the tomb. I had a feeling what this place was. As I headed down the first hall. I noticed that eight statues seemed to be placed along the walls in intervals. I moved very cautiously, to avoid setting of any traps. When I reached my first turn, I stopped look at something very odd. I could have sworn that one of the statues moved. I glance back at the statues I had passed, and then looked at the ones in front of me. Something was different. As I took a step forward, I saw it and fell to the ground. The one holding a razor like wheel threw it. If I hadn't have ducked, I would have lost my head. When I looked back in the direction the wheel came from, I saw a pink shade standing there. It looked at me and said, "You shouldn't have come here. You're making a big mistake." It floated off, but I felt I knew that it was a female ghost.

I went to round the next corner and stopped. There were more traps waiting. Descending into the tomb meant facing 7 more traps. I took precautions, staying low and out of range of fire. I past six of the traps in the same fashion. Each was of a figure with a weapon, the oddest being the strange creature holding a megaphone. When I finally saw the spirit again. I understood why the traps were there. I just said, "Aeris. I know who you are, and trust me, I don't want to disturb your rest. I only wish to prevent them from removing anything else from your tomb. I believe they tricked me to get the Materia from your time."

The spirit just shook her head. "You don't know everything. This isn't my tomb, I'm trying to keep people from waking him. You getting here only means they can get here." I watch as she faded from sight.

I looked around, wary. I knew all but one of the statues had yet to attack. "Aeris, I do not wish to let anyone wake what is best left asleep."

I heard the spirit reply, but only in a different voice. "I wish we could believe you, but it's not just Aeris' spirit here." I spun around to see who was speaking to me. It wasn't the figure of Aeris, but of another female figure. This had to be the last of the traps, a female fighter whose best weapon was her figure. I couldn't help but stare. I shook my head to bring my senses back, but the figure punched me, sending me into the wall. "We can't let you wake him. He's evil. He wants to destroy this world."

I stood up again and looked at my attacker. Normally, I wouldn't be swayed by such things, but there must have been a charm on the trap. I just said, "Who is in there?"

I heard a familiar voice say, "Lord Sephiroth is in there." I saw Lord Osbert and he fired a weapon, destoring the trap. I also saw Meg, and a few others, including the man who had been with St. Marius in Vet's form. "Take him." As they all grabbed me, he laughed and said, "I have to admit that Meg was right. You were the only one who could get us down here."

He headed into the final chamber, and the others dragged me into it as well. When we were in there, Lord Osbert walked over to the figure on the magical table. I said, "This is why you all deceived me. So you could awaken him."

I heard Meg say, "It is all part of the plan. First is to waken our master, then we shall get the components to wake Jenova. The guardians don't even realize that their base is right were she was destroied."

I smiled and said, "You won't get in. They know who you are."

As Lord Osbert started chanting, unfased by what I said, Meg looked at me and said, "What do you mean?"

"I suspected foul play, and Lord Osbert jumped right into it. He mentioned that you and he had met Mit. He was dead before you ever came to the school. The Guardian's are on their way to stop you." I wasn't exactly sure if Radr had sent some of the guardians here, but I needed to bluff. I just hoped they would believe it.

There was a look of horror on her face and she shouted, "Kill HIM." They all tried to attack at once, but my movement took them by surprise. They were caught of guard. I then saw the figure on the magic tomb moving. I couldn't stop him now. I grabbed two of the marbles of Materia, and ran out of the room.

As I ran out of the tomb, I heard the spirit of Aeris say, "He's awakened, but you have stopped him for now. He will hunt you down. You have the Materia he wants, and the Materia that can stop him." I looked at the two I had grabbed. One was black, and one was white. Now all I had to do was find the one person I knew could use them best, Vet.

It has returned....


Light And Dark
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I had been pacing the walls of my fortress for the past few days. For about five years, it was one of the few strongholds that St. Marius couldn’t defeat, mainly due to the deserts instability. It was a big fortress, but it was a reminder of another time. The time this structure was from I had reseached with Isis’ help before St. Marius took over Vet’s body. It was during that time that Ouroboros sent me back in time. Now I was Mask, and the same thought bothered me now as it did a few days ago. Do I tell JaNa who I am? My thoughts were cut short when I heard a pounding at the fortress entrance. I ran down to it, only to see my father, Rich, fall into the open door. As I pulled him in the door, I said, “Rich, what’s wrong? What happened to you?” I didn’t know if I should tell my father who I really am.

As I closed the door, I heard Rich say, “I did a foolish thing. I tried to find Vet, but I couldn’t. I then figured you were the only one who can keep these safe.” He held out two round orbs, almost marble sized. I was stunned when I saw them. One was black, one was white, but both were Materia.

I took them and said, “Where did you find these? They are very dangerous, especially this one. The Meteor Materia.” I had done tons of research on the Materia. I knew the history of the world before ours, before the Ancients like Isis saved it from their bad kind.

I heard Rich cough and said, “Vet was imprisoned by 6 people. Meg is one of them. Someone named Lord Osbert tricked me into getting very far into the tomb or Aeris.”

Now I knew what happened. “I heard about Aeris, and her tomb. The tomb was built in her memory, but part of a small group manage to put what was left of Sephiroth in it. Their plan was to reawaken him, however the group was captured and executed. Some legends said that there were still some members of the group around.”

I watched as my father looked at me and said, “Mask, how much more is there to worry about?”

I shook my head and then said, “My fortress won’t be safe for much longer. Another part of the legend mentions the Weapons. There were four in total, each a dangerous creature to defeat. With the Materia located where it is, they might help do Sephiroth’s task, the complete distruction of all life.”

I saw my father shudder. “This is all my fault. I should have never tried to prove the man was lying.”

I looked at him and said, “Do the Guardians know?” When he nodded, I said, “That might be a benefit. Scattered in our world are the parts of Jenova. If they recapture all those parts, then there will be no stopping them.”

My father looked at me again and said, “Mask, how long have you been studying this legend?”

I looked at him and said, “For a long time. I live in it, since this fortress was one of the structures from that time. Isis helped me with it after you revived her. My fortress has always been a place where I could learn about the past. I have a keen intrest in time.”

Rich looked at me and said, “It appears that way. My friend, I know you can keep these safe. If you have to move, do so in a hurry, and warn the others in this world. The towns may become unlivable.”

I nodded and said, “I know. If the Weapons start roaming around, we will all need to hide under the surface.” I watched as my father got up. “Are you going to try and warn your wife and kids?”

He nodded and said, “I don’t want Sephiroth or any of his followers threatening them.” I nodded in agreement. “Besides, I have to find Vet. This whole ordeal has taken a toll on JaNa.” My heart stopped when he said that. Maybe I should tell him. Before I could say anything, he ran out the door.

I ran to the window to watch if he would make if far enough to the pillar. I watched as that idea got dashed. Sephiroth and his followers had ambushed my father. I ran to the door and started out towards them. As I got closer, covered by the sands, I heard Meg say, “The Materia aren’t on him, my lord.” I realized what they had done. My father was dead.

I dropped to the ground and heard Sephiroth say, “They must be in the desert somewhere. Ruby shall fetch them for us. Let us wait at the edge of the desert.” I watched as they vanished from sight. I wondered who Ruby was. Was Ruby one of the Weapons? That thought chilled my blood.

I quickly ran for my father and said, “Rich, are you alright?”

I saw his eyes open, and he said, “I’m alright, Max. At least, I’ll be alright soon.”

I was taken back when he said my name. I just gasped and said, “How did you know?”

I saw my father smile very weakly as he said, “I always knew after you disappeared. I took time to think about it.” There was so much I wanted to tell him, but now wasn’t the time. He then said something that struck a nerve. “When you see your mother, tell her that I be waiting for her with Skiz?”

I started to cry, “No dad, you can’t die. Not now.”

He took my hand and said, “Take care of JaNa, and my grandchildren, please. I know about Lynn.” This remark puzzled me and then he said, “I’m being called. I’ll see you again some day.”

I could feel it as my father died. His spirit had departed and headed for the realm of the dead. The only constant in our world. “Goodbye father.” I stood up and heard a loud rumbling. I turned to see a giant figure in the south. It was one of the Weapons. The Ruby Weapon. It was roamed this area long ago, and now was searching the desert for the Materia. I ran into my fortress and quickly went to the communication device I had. I quickly sent out an emergency message. Hopefully, Radr would understand it. I then ran for a Door. I quickly openned it and ran into it, hoping I picked someplace other than what used to be Asura’s town.

**************************************

As I ran out of the Final Dungeon, where the door had brought me out, I looked out at the sky. I saw a figure flying in the distance. Just by the size, I knew what it was. It was another weapon. All of a sudden, I heard a siren, and saw all the people in town making their way for the dungeon. Part of the group was my family. I couldn’t tell them who I was, not yet. Not with what I had to tell them. When my mother saw me, she said, “Mask, why are you here?”

I just lowered my head and said, “Rich stopped by after the task he went on. He was fooled into doing a very bad thing.”

She looked at me and said, “What do you mean? Is that thing part of it?” I nodded and then she said, “Where is my husband now? Is he alright?”

I couldn’t make it any nicer. “He stopped by my place to ask me to guard something. When he left, the people who fooled him killed him. I’m sorry.” I could see the tears welling up in my mother’s eyes. I then saw JaNa hold her with concern. I want to say something else, but I figured now wasn’t the right time. I then noticed Lena for the first time. She had changed. She was almost a Crystoid, but I didn’t see the crystal that made Crystoids what they were. I did however see that the Eye was now imbedded in her chest. I took Lena aside and said, “I’m sorry about your father.”

She nodded and said, “It’s alright. I wish there was something I can do to help.” I pulled out the one Materia and gave it to her. “What is this?”

I looked at her and said, “The Black Materia. I need for you to teleport it somewhere where they can’t reach it. I’m going to try and find Vet. It’s what your father would have done.” She nodded after I said that. I looked out of the cave and saw the figure fly away over the mountains. Now the world needed all the help it could get.

Continued...Yes It will be


Voices
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

I looked at the black marble that Mask had given me. He wanted me to teleport it to someplace no one could get it. I couldn't think of anyplace like that, except for the Realm of the Dead. I then thought twice about doing that. If I sent it there, Apollo or any of the other gods that had invaded our world might use it. I wondered if there was any safe place to send this item. While I was pondering this, I heard a voice say in my head say, [There is a safe place to hide that item.]

I was startled when I heard this voice. It didn't sound like anyone I knew, and it freaked me out. I didn't want my mother to think I was losing my mind, so I softly said, "Who are you?"

The voice spoke again. [Lena, I'm a guardian spirit for you. I'm here to help you. I know where you can hide that evil item.]

I felt some relief at that, but doubted that this voice could guide me to a safe place. The weapons were out there, waiting and watching. I said, "What about the weapons?"

The voice kept its same reassuring tone. [I won't guide you wrong. You can't let your father die in vain.] The voice was right. My father was dead. Sephiroth and his followers saw to that. They had to pay for that crime.

I didn't know how much of that was my anger or the voices doing, but I felt they had to pay. "Where do I have to go?"

The voice said very calmly, [The pillar of sky. Make your way there.]

I nodded and then turned to my mother and JaNa. "Mom, JaNa. I'm going to put this thing someplace Sephiroth and his followers can't find it."

My mother put her arm on me. "Lena, it is too dangerous. You'll get killed by those monsterous weapons."

I looked at my mother and said, "No I won't. I know what I'm doing." I quickly turned and ran out of the cave. I didn't look back. I had to get this evil item someplace where nothing could get a hold of it. As I ran for the pillar, I heard a loud rumble and looked out towards the mountains. There was a giant white monster walking over them. It had to be one of the Weapons. From what the reports had said, there were four of them. I didn't know which one this was, but I didn't want to find out.

When I reached the pillar of sky, I quickly entered the Celestrial World. The voice suddenly seemed louder. [Good. Now you have to head where Apollo had taken up residence. Where the undersea volcano is.]

As I made my way for that pillar, I said, "Is there were I should hide this item?" I didn't think the volcano's lava would stop the weapons.

The voice calmly said, [Yes, and no. The volcano is part of the whole. You will see it in time.]

When I reached the pillar, I cautiously went down. I entered a quiet world. Everyone had taken shelter somewhere, to avoid attacks. I felt foolish walking around, but I had to hide the evil marble before our world would be ruined by Sephiroth. As I crossed the plains of this world, I said, "Where am I heading?"

The voice quietly said, [Straight, past the Cave of Light. There is a small cave in the mountains. It will lead to a shielded cave. They won't see you in there.]

I followed my guides instructions. As I passed the Cave of Light, I did see a small cave in the rocks. I also noticed how narrow the entrance was. I quickly shed the extra clothes I wore to cover the mechanics and the strange material that I could were with this cybernetic body and made my way into the cave. I had to stop a few times to keep from experiencing a sensory overload, but I got into the cave. My cybernetics had an advantage in this cave. I could see the path. As I slowly made my way up path, I noticed strange etchings on the walls. I asked my mysterious guide, "What do these etchings mean?"

As if expecting my responce, the guide said, [It is a legend left by the Cetra. It says that if anyone tries to use the Black Materia, the only one who can truely destroy them will be great in the truest sense of the word, but only the holder of two can free the force to stop the evil.] Something scared me about that, but I couldn't stop.

Soon, I was assulted by bright light. I was at a window in the cave. I saw the entire ocean, and noticed two things. One was moving and had to be a weapon, but the other was something in the area of the volcano. I noticed that it looked like a building of some sort. As I looked at it, I said, "Is there were I can hide the marble?"

The voice said, [Yes, but you must bring it out of the water. You know how to do that.] The voice was right. I did know how to do that. I raised my hands over my head and started to chant. I didn't know what I was saying, but I knew what to say. It took very little time to get everything out. Soon, I heard a rumbling and saw the volcano rise, and a city surrounded it. I was flabbergasted. I didn't know what it was. The voice then said, [Now, transport that gem to dead center of that city. It will be right behind the big doors.]

I looked on, half scared, but half with an overwelming urgency. I said, "Yes. I transport you to the center of the island. May you never be found, you cursed black marble." I watched as the marble disappeared from my hands, and I felt as if it had entered the structure. I then saw a very distrubing site. The weapon, which was an Emerald Green had gone to shore. I saw Sephiroth and his followers there. They were headed for the island. They knew the Materia was there. I was terrified. "They know it's there."

The voice said, [No. They know something else is there, part of Jenova. That is who Sepheroth believes is his mother, but she serves him. He wants to reassemble her. This is location of the most accessable part.]

I just said, "But he'll find the marble he's after. You said it would be safe." I felt betrayed. I thought I had delivered Sephiroth the means to destroy the world.

The voice calmly said, [You can stop him now. When they reach the island, open the door and you will destroy them, for killing your father.]

That idea made me feel like I should do it, but I had a nagging feeling in me. I had to know what was behind that door. I didn't think the marble was the only thing behind that door. I just said, "What's behind that door? How can it defeat Sephiroth?"

The voice just said, [You know whats behind that door. You've seen it before. It can defeat Sepiroth.]

I thought about what the voice said for a moment. In that moment, I saw the weapon reach the island, and then it hit me. The size of the door was huge, and I had seen something that size before. It seemed like that door didn't head into the island, but to the other demention, where all those hidious creatures were lead by `her'. I just said, "No. It can't be. I won't open that door if what I think is behind there is behind there." I was adament about that and I felt the voice could tell that.

I heard the voice say, [I didn't want to do this yet, but you leave me no choice.] I wondered what it mean, and I found out. I felt my hands go up into the air. Soon I felt my mouth start to move and I began speaking. I knew what I was doing. I was being made to do a spell of openning, and the door was openning. I glanced at the shore and saw Isis there, with some of the guardians. What was I doing, but it was too late. I felt myself collapse. I had no energy left. My mind decided to blank out, and the voice was silent as well.

To be continued....


Dark Defender
A Story And Addendum For Memoirs Of The Heroes. (Previously "Memoirs Of An Adventure's Child."))
(All Characters Are Ficticious And bare no resemblence to living people.
Any resemblence to fictional characters is only by chance. Special Thanks to Howard Phillips Lovecraft)
=====================================================

When I heard that Sephiroth had been sited in the world that Apollo had taken over, I immediately headed for the world with some of the Guardians. I had them bring Hyper Cannons so they might be able to destroy the Weapons. Those dangerous creatures were part of what was left before my people restored the world. Now I had to face what my people feared countless years ago. I was surprised to see a huge island city in the middle of the ocean. I turned to one of the Guardians stationed in the Port Town and said, "Where did that come from?"

He looked at me and said, "I don't know, Isis. We feel it was linked to a cave found in the mountains long ago, however, we did not see it until today when it arose out of the ocean."

I then noticed the shear immensity of the island when the Emerald Weapon appeared to stand just at the right size of a door on one of the large structures. As I looked at the creature, it turned and saw us. It started to head towards us. I turned and said, "Prepare the Hyper Cannons. I don't want Sephiroth to succeed at what he's doing over there."

As they set up the cannons, one of the Guardians said, "Isis, look. The door is opening." I looked and saw a hugh light coming from the structures door. It was openning and just by the size of it, I had a bad feeling of what was in it.

When the door was finally openned, my worst fears were comfirmed. It was one of the Greats, the evil creatures that were lead by the unnamable one. I just shouted, "Some of you, run and get the people out of this world. It is not safe here anymore." I didn't know how this gateway to that dark dimension got onto this world, but I didn't want to see anyone die.

It was at that time I heard a defining roar. It was the Emerald Weapon. I then noticed that the evil creature had picked up Sephiroth and his followers. I heard one of the Guardians say, "This can't be good."

I had to agree, only Sephiroth's followers knew where Vet was placed, and if we could rescue her. I watched in horror as they were eaten by the being that held them. "Not even Sephiroth deserved that."

One of the Guardians looked at me and said, "What is that thing?" He must have been new.

I kept watching as the Emerald Weapon started to attack it. "It is a being know as Cthulhu. It sometimes works for its unnamable one, but sometimes it works on its own. Right now, it's not helping us, it's helping itself." The second it came out that door, I knew that it would try to take our world.

Eventually the Emerald Weapon exploded. I watched as all of the other weapons came out of nowhere, feeling the death of their fellow Weapon. I heard one of the Guardians say, "Should we attack?"

I kept watching the scene as the other three weapons kept attacking. "Not yet, I hope that the Weapons can drive the Great One back. If not, we have one recourse." I didn't want to do it, but we had only one option. If that evil being survived, we had to remove the connect of this world to the Celestrial World. I knew that it was the only option, an option I used once before.


The battle lasted for a few hours, and I was growing scared, two of the Weapons had been destoried, and one remained. The Great One looked like it wasn't harmed at all. The only Weapon that was left was the Diamond Weapon. As I watched the battle, I heard one of the Guardians say, "Isis, we've found all the people, and are getting them to the Celestrial World. Is there any chance that we don't have to do what we are preparing to do?"

I honestly didn't know if I could answer that. I watched and said, "I hope so, but I fear that we have no choice." My words were cut short by an explosion. We all look out to the island and saw that the Diamond Weapon had been destroied. I saw the Great One look in our direction and the huge figure started to walk in our direction. "How long until everyone is out of here?"

The lead Guardian said, "About another 15 minutes." I feared that it wouldn't be enough time.

I started to cast Flare blasts at the Great One and said, "Then start firing the Hyper cannons. We need to keep that thing from reaching the mainland." My command was followed by the sound of all the Hyper Cannons we had brought being fired at once. The combination of all the blasts caused a good deal of damage, and our foe stopped to regenerate.

As we continued, one of the Guardians said, "Isis, the Hyper Cannons were only made to handle three blasts. Can we last long enough?" It was a question that I didn't have an answer to. I didn't know how long the regeneration would last. I also knew that the time to set up one Hyper Cannon would be a major problem.

I looked out as I fired another Flare blast and said, "I hope so, and if not, I hope we have a miracle to save us all."

Another Guardian looked up and said, "Look at that, another beam of light." I looked and saw that the beam appeared again, but this time I noticed that it wasn't coming from the building, but from the mountains, and it was pulling the Great back into the door way. I heard it's hideous noises of anguish and protest, but the beam was too powerful for it to fight.

As it was being pulled back into the doorway, I just said, "Maybe we got our miracle." I wondered who or what was up there doing this. The beam did its work slowly, but it was getting the job done. I looked at the Guardians and said, "Just be ready in case it stops."

As time passed, we were all overjoied as the Great was pulled into the door and it closed, but the beam continued. Then one of the Guardians said, "Isis, the island is sinking." I watched to see that he was right. The island was slowly sinking back into the ocean. I felt somewhat comforted by this turn of events. It meant that this part of the world was safe for the time being. I just didn't trust that this wouldn't happen again.

When the island had finally submerged, the lead Guardian asked, "Isis, should we continue the evacuation."

I nodded and said, "Yes, but we won't sever this world off yet. I just want Guardians here to monitor what is happening. If that Island arises again, this world must be abandoned." They nodded acknowledging my orders and started to prepare an observation area. I started to walk back to the Pillar when I saw something shining in the mountain base. I motioned for a Guardian to join me and we headed over there.

When we reached the rock wall, the Guardian said, "Oh no. A Crystoid, how did one get here?"

I then noticed that it wasn't a Crystoid. "That's not a Crystoid, it's Lena. She must have done something to stop what was happening out there." I worked to get her unconscious form out of the crack.

The Guardian said, "Maybe she released it. She does appear to be a Crystoid." I leered at him, and he stepped back. Lena wasn't a Crystoid, and she'd never do anything to hurt our world or any of us.

When I got her out of the crack, I turned to the Guardian and said, "Pass the word that the weapons are gone, and tell Li that Lena is with me at the temple. I'm going to see if I can help her recover." With that, I left for the Celestrial Temple.

Chapter End

The Death of Isis and Ending of New Life


Maintained by: